how many poles does a 03 johnson 115 have(2 stroke)

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: how many poles does a 03 johnson 115 have(2 stroke)

Well seeing how I don't have much experience with VRO engines at all, I can only phathom a guess just based on an electronics background alone.....so I would have to say that either the VRO requires a signal for a proper pulse width to be applied to an oil injector, or that it simply requires a trigger signal to let it know when to activate, in which case another circuit would signal the actual injection cycle..................that's just a guess, so in no way is it to be misinterpreted by anyone as the actual method.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

That's a pretty good guess. The tach signal tells the vro the mtr is running. That way the vro can start working. Learned this in OMC service school when vros first came out. Has nothing to do with crank case pulses in time with the vro.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Still, with out that tach signal how does the vro know the mtr is running? If you didn't have a tach signal what would happen?

Fed

Commander

If you didn't have a tach signal what would happen?
I think the VRO would still pump oil but the alarm system would be compromised, same with unplugging the VRO completely.
Can't say I've ever tried it though.