how many of you are hoarding supplies?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: how many of you are hoarding supplies?

I keep 50 or so gallons of gas hanging about, rotated regularly, enough food the eat comfortably for 2 weeks or so, enough ammo to keep all but the most determined looter at bay. also keep spare chains for the saw, 2 gallons bar oil a gallon or so of mixing oil. the beer I stock up on just prior to the event and the hard stuff is strictly "medicinal" :) . can be used to disinfect small wounds and sore muscles from the inside :) .

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

efhenry... sorry I missed your post till now... this wasnt meant as a slam to those that like to stock up. ahead of time.. Was just curious how many people actually went to the trouble. The gas thing... one full tank might carry you a week.. after that.. then what? Wasnt calling anyone good or bad for doing it. Frankly it takes me at least a tank or two to get to work and back as I work all over the country. My buisness is traveling from location to location to work. I guess thats why I see it as a waste of time for one tank of gas for me. Might get me half way to a location then what.<br /><br />Guess I shouldnt have called it hoarding for the emotionally incomplete. Lets call it stocking up instead. --- play barney theme in head while reading----

cvinroot

Seaman Apprentice

Sign seen in N.O. on a boarded up Oriental Rug Store:<br /><br />"I'm in here with a shotgun, two mean dogs, one ugly woman and a claw hammer. Don't even think about coming in"<br /><br />Says it all...<br /><br />Charlie

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I keep two 5 gal cans of gas to run the generator.<br />Bullets for the two-legged coyotes. And plenty of arrows (can reuse them). I’m in Kansas so if it gets real bad I will find a steer to eat.<br /> :)

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got plenty of canned food. There's plenty of deer running around. Plenty of ammo in various calibiers. Got lots of 5 gal gas cans and a bunch of siphon hoses. <br /><br />Life is good.

ehenry

Commander

Originally posted by Wimperdink:<br /> Guess I shouldnt have called it hoarding for the emotionally incomplete. Lets call it stocking up instead. --- play barney theme in head while reading----
Not a very nice thing to say, my friend.

LadyFish

Admiral

"emotionally incomplete" :confused: <br /><br />Would you mind explaining that one ?

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

so....no more deep rumbling then Wimperdink? Can get my matress safely on the water now ? Ciao Amigo!!! Frank