How I learned what it's like for folks who use public ramps.

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I live in a neighborhood with its own gravel ramp, so I've never experienced what you guys are describing while loading my boat. However, yesterday I got a feel for what you go through.

At at the bowling alley.

I get to my lane and there's a family bowling on the lane to the left of ours, but taking up the tables for the lanes on either side of them. No place to sit. We get our shoes on while standing up and we're ready to roll. I look down, and there's a very large woman sitting on the step down to the ball return area, right in the middle of the approach to my lane. I wait a few minutes until she gets up, so she ends up bowling next to me. Of course, she sets up to bowl first even though her pins haven't even reset yet, so I have to wait. She heaves the ball Flintstone-style down the lane and plants herself at the foul line, watching her ball crawl toward the pins. I figure it's safe for me to bowl. As I move down the lane, she decides that her ball has moved too far to the right, so she side-steps into my lane so that from her perspective it looks like the ball might hit a pin or two. And there she is, standing right between me and my pins watching her ball crawl into the gutter.

This continued for two games. Oddly enough, it didn't matter if her ball was tracking too far to the right, or too far to the left. She always had to watch it from my lane.

All I can say is, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that kind of nonsense at the ramp.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: How I learned what it's like for folks who use public ramps.

Yeh I've seen them, but its kinda paradoxical, everytime I start thinking I'm better than other people I seem to make myself inferior.
And they're the ones having fun.! Wheres the justice.

I go to a public ramp with all the riffraff joe bag o donuts public,
never see the people in all these stories though , so maybe I'm the one they're all sneering at. At least I'm having fun though.:p

salty87

Commander

sounds like the grocery store when someone walks right in front of you just to jam their head up their butt and move as fast as a glacier. love the vacant, lost look in their eyes right before they get pissed that you've woken them from their trance with an "excuse me" (you dead-headed...)

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

sounds like the grocery store when someone walks right in front of you just to jam their head up their butt and move as fast as a glacier. love the vacant, lost look in their eyes right before they get pissed that you've woken them from their trance with an "excuse me" (you dead-headed...)

I'm not entirely sure what any of that means. Maybe I just don't go grocery shopping enough.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

You missed the "open mouth, drool driping, booger on the lip" part of the description:D

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm not entirely sure what any of that means. Maybe I just don't go grocery shopping enough.

Are you one of those that have their groceries delivered? :confused: