how fast will it go now?!

toyvette81

Cadet
just curious....
ok so i have a 89 sea nymph 161 have been running the johnson 40vro for 3 years but today i got a 98' mariner 75hp, nearly brand new less than 50 hours on it. i see some people getting 50mph out of their 60hp's on these and similar boats. what are some of your ideas of how fast mine will go?! after this swap. on a good smooth day with just me i can get about 30mph now with the 40hp and one of my cylinders is low at 90 psi the other is at 135. im hoping for 55mph!! maybe more? all three cylinders on this new mariner tested at 140psi
can not wait to put it on tomorrow! ill post a pic of the boat with this to give you an idea of the size and shape of hull. there is a 17 pitch aluminum prop on it now.. the 75 mariner came on a 73 model tri hull (heavy) and the motor ran 5200 rpm's on the lake today so i imagine i will need a 19 or 21 pitch prop... i don't want to over rev the motor since my boat is sooo much lighter than that old tri hull...ill probably go with stainless too. im trying to get every mph possible out of this little thing just for fun...
thanks

Attachments

• fishin machine 1.jpg
    fishin machine 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1