How fast is yours?

LubeDude

Admiral
I have the fastest standard toilet on the planet here at the shop! :rolleyes: <br /><br />From the time I push the handle, it takes 15 seconds to fill and shut off.<br /><br />I have to get a life.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: How fast is yours?

We have one where I werk. I swear, ik they ever remodel that bathroom, I'm grabbing that toilet! It actually flushes TWICE! It's way kewl.

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

You guys have wayyyyyyyyy toooooooooooo much time on your hands!! Happy Easter :D :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have double flush commodes in both of my bathrooms. Tank holds two flushes and refills in about 15 seconds, like LDs.<br /><br />Saves a lot of water in a water-thirsty state.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mine's pretty darn quick.<br />Goes straight down, no noise, no anything, just straight down. :D :p

TilliamWe

Banned

I also have one double flusher at my house. I had never seen nor heard of that before. But mine takes a long time to refill.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

I'd say 15 seconds is pretty darn quick. I have an old 2 piece unit in the basement, swear it takes 5 minutes to fill and sounds like niagra falls when it flushes, its the throne of all thrones . -------------------------------------------- gravity; not just a good idea, it's the law

tylerin

Commander

I'm jealous. It's time for me to pick up a few new toilets. Mine's barely getting the job done. :confused:

ob

Admiral

My toilet isn't very fast ,but quality takes time. :p

Link

Rear Admiral

Spring please come quick! <br />First in another thread people were getting excited about Station Wagons and now down to toilets! ;) <br />But since you brought up the subject.<br />You can buy a low end double flush commode from a liquidation center for about 30 buxs.. take out all the cheap hardware and replace it for about 25 dollars..now you have a commode for 55 bux that would cost you 175-250 at a home center.<br />Two months ago I would not have known that! :eek:

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's officially time for a bunch of us to get a life! :p :p :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

no joke pjc .. The American Club (owned by Kohler Co.) in Kohler, WI remodeled their bathrooms in the "Carriage House" around 7-8 yrs ago.. they tore out several of the 'pull chain' type toilets in the process and I picked up 4 of 'em to put in the house I had at the time.<br /><br />they'd damn near suck the paint off the walls!! :eek: they were cool, fast and LOUD!

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by Barlow:<br />they'd damn near suck the paint off the walls!! :eek: they were cool, fast and LOUD!
Are you sure that was the toilet that removed the paint off the walls :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

They don't call'em "rumble seats" for nuthin' :D

Realgun

Commander

I actaully like the low flow in the kids bathroom better than the 3.5 in mine. :) I gotta go work on the boat and stop sitting on the throne!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> Old Terlet<br /><br /> Helper
They ought to go back to this style of toilet. It would make the best use of the new 1.6 gallon limit on flush volume. You wouldn't have to flush that baby twice. I hope they had a wider rim on the toilet bowl.<br /><br />I stayed in a home in London in 1970. It was a row house with a little green grocer market in the front half of the lower floor and the living quarters in the back half plus the upstairs. Their only bathroom had a toilet like that except they had to walk out side and enter a door on the back corner of the building. A real joy on a winter nite.

eeboater

Commander

This is proof that spring needs to get here... NOW