How fast have you gone with a small outboard?

KM2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How fast have you gone with a small outboard?

stan, you forget about smart tabs. That should add anouther couple of mph. :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Had a 40hp on a 15' trihull that ran up to around 75 or 80.... but I slowed down, was afraid the trailer tires would get too hot and blow :D :D :D

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KM2:<br /> stan, you forget about smart tabs. That should add anouther couple of mph. :D
yeah and maybe polishing the hull and scraping barnacles off his bottom :D :D

cpj

Ensign

Had a merc 2.5 on a 12 foot jon boat went almost 7 mph on gps.Same motor on 15 foot richline v bottom went a blistering 5.4 mph.Same v bottom with 9.9 rude went 15 mph.The funny thing is with the 12 footer is that it would do around 5 mph with me in the back,7 mph with me in the front.I say the funny thing cause I got some strange looks when I was alone in the boat sitting in the front seat with the motor wide open! :eek: :D :D :D

one more cast

Captain

I have a 15 johnson on a 12'er and she moves right along. cpj, the last time I was out I set the throttle at about 1/3, stood up in the center of the boat and came about a mile down the twisty river steering by leaning and moving my body weight around. I almost made it all the way to the boat launch but couldn't quite make the last 90 degree turn because of the bridge. I know ,I know, but sometimes you just have to do something fun and we were the only boat on the river.