How do you post a PDF file?

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
I know how to post a simple picture but can't figure out how to post a PDF file. What am I missing??

Thanks.

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How do you post a PDF file?

I've seen Don and achriss and a bunch of others post them. I'll drag and save them to a folder on my computer for future reference or incase I come across someone else asking the same question. They aren't linked to anything they are just stand alone pdf files that I can still open on my own computer independent of the forum so wondering how do they get posted in the first place? I know Don has his magic cape and little lightning bolts but how does everyone else do it?? :noidea:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just like you do a picture.

Click the Insert Image icon, choose the file from your computer, then click the upload button.

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

Just like you do a picture.

Click the Insert Image icon, choose the file from your computer, then click the upload button.

Don I've tried that, infact just tried it now with a pdf file you used just the other day on how to adjust alpha 1 gen 2 shift cables and when I select the file it will appear in the upload box with a red "!" in a circle all the way over to the right. Looks like this:

Don's alpha gen 2 shif adjustment.jpg

and when I hit the upload button nothing happens. If I hold my curser over the red "!" it tells me "invalid file" I have tried uploading many different pdf files so it's not just the file. I have a MAC and run Safari for a browser. Anything I'm missing?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Try the basic uploader.