How do you find carb rebuild kits for 89’ Force 85HP

Community-

I hace surfed all my resources for carb rebuild kits but I keep getting the same response about them not being made anymore. I currently have the 858f9f engine 89’ Force 85HP.

Carb serial numbers are as follows:

631061-4- Top
632061-4 - Middle and Bottom

Has anyone come across these rebuild kits for this specific motor and carb?

im having trouble with my carb as it is running extremely rich having oil come out through the exhaust. I have a good spark.

Nordin

Commander
As you have another thread about oil coming out from the drain holes in the LU I am not sure you have problems with extremely rich running engine.
The oil you see in the bucket can also be gear oil. You maybe have a leak in the prop shaft seal, drive shaft seal and shift rod seal.
Yes some fuel/oil mixture will come out from the exhaust and in to the water cause a two stroker does not burn all fuel .
Especially when idling.
But if it as you mention is running extremely rich it would not run at all. The adjustment you can do to the carbs are air/fuel mixture setting and float level adjustment. The rebuild kit contain gaskets, seals, float level needle and maybe a float.

For the carbs rebuild, have you checked with Franz Marine for parts?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I will look into the eBay parts but I took them off this weekend and cleaned them up. They were pretty clean overall.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Dawn soap and a can of carb/break cleaner and
compressed air.
Wash and blow dry.
The carb soaks can do more damage than good,
they can melt/swell the rubber parts.

The seat, some have a rubber seal and it can swell
when using some chemicals.
Letting them dry for 48hrs and the swelling can go down.