How DO we get out.

txswinner

Banned
We are in up to the neck. How do we get out of Iraq, when is the war over, and when do the troops get to come home.<br /><br />Surely, we are not going to wait for Hillary to get them out.

oddjob

Commander
Re: How DO we get out.

We got to get out of Nam first ,dont you think?

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

we get out when the job is done...not until then. We went in to do a job, we must stay until it's accomplished.

txswinner

Banned

Kelton, I guess I do not understand when we know the job is done. those people have been fighting forever.

one more cast

Captain

I predict that this war will never be over and it will just get worse and spread to the USA. I watched a documentary on "anonymous" the retired CIA agent a few days ago and it scared the hell out of me.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

How do we get out?<br /><br />We don't, not in your life time and certainly not in mine.<br /><br />Get used to it.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

When and How? How about when all religions accept that it is okay for all to co-exist in this world.<br /> It has been a religious war for thousands of years. Until certain faiths accept killing is wrong, it will never end.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This has already been answered by the president.<br /><br />We will get out when the Iraq military is ready to take over the fight against the insurgents. They need more people and more training in order to assure a victory over the insurgents.<br /><br />I really dont have a clue how far along they are, but I would give it 2 - 3 more years.<br /><br />I think we could start moving SOME troops out of harms way in a year. Move them to Kuwait so they would be safe, but nearby if they are required.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Can you please tell me what your hurry is to pull out. Other than its the same old liberal knock-GWB-any-way-we-can BS????<br /><br />Before you compare Iraq to Vietnam, I will do it for you.<br /><br />We have won the war in Iraq, despite what the idiot media says. Now we are fighting insurgents, not the military. They use guerrilla tactics, not military tactics.<br /><br />We never got this far in Vietnam because we had our arms tied behind our backs.<br /><br />We did get this far in Germany, and tell me, when did our troops come home from there????? NEVER!!!! Why arent you crying to get our troops home from Germany, or Korea???<br /><br />AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, please think, PLEASE THINK!!!!!!!<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

Germany compared to Iraq, now that is thinking outside the barrel.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I cannot understand why getting out of Iraq at this time is on the agenda of so many, this is a war, its not as if all of the parties involved in this conflict are on a time table, there is no time table, this type of warfare is not as clear cut as some would like to believe, wars of this nature can last for a generation or two, even then there will be instability of sorts we cannot yet comprehend, America has never fought a war of this kind before, its a learning curve and so far we are doing quite well despite all of the hollow criticism.<br />This is not a drive through window kinda war that is produced in Hollywood, this is for real therefore lots of patience and determination is needed by all of our fellow country men and allies, rest assured those qualities are not lacking in our present enemy.

txswinner

Banned

VLAD, Although the President said the "war is over" you are dead on that this is a war not the drive-thru window kind but the kind people die in.<br /><br />I don't see what is accomplished or can be accomplished. Your point is well taken on what we are involved.

crab bait

Captain

will be there for a 100 years or more.. or untill the draft starts up..

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

...when we find and destroy all the weapons of mass destruction. No, wait, that's wrong. When we get the new nation built. No, that's wrong too, we're not in the business of nation building. Uh, I don't know.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

When we eradicate the terrorism that has already attacked us and currently threatens us. It's not hard to understand.<br /><br />Just admit that you hate Bush. Your other arguments make no sense.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

After we occupied Germany and after Germany surrendered we had to fight insurgent Nazi terrorists for about a year. That stopped when the German people would no longer tolerate it and started lynching the terrorists..<br /><br />We will withdraw from Iraq when the duly elected Iraqi government has the capability to deal with the foreign terrorists (insurgents my butt) who seek to prevent free self government there.<br /><br />When will you libs stop putting words in W's mouth? He said his intelligence was that. .blah blah. Congress looked at the same intelligence and authorized him to act. You say he lied. You say he said the war was over. When and where was that?<br /><br />All I hear from you Bush bashers is unsupportable gossip, distortions and outright lies. Also, don't start quoting history to those who were there. We know better.<br /><br />If you must troll, at least offer a cogent argument.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I think its asking this very question that has become our downfall since WWII.......<br /><br />Since then we have operated under "Limited War" campaigns in order to ensure that a country isnt completely devastated as Germany was after WWI which unfortunately allowed Hitler to come to power. A devastated people is an easily manipulated people.<br /><br />We didn'f finish the job in Korea, and today Korea is an issue perhaps larger than the war on terror we currently are fighting.......We didnt't get rid of Saddam when we had the chance in Dessert Storm, and today were are we fighting.<br /><br />So before we all jump on the "When will this end, When will the troops come home?" bandwagon take a look at history and learn from it. The terrors we face today are in my mind direct result of our past, and pulling out of war before its done completely.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

We will never eradicate terrorism. At least not until we eradicate the world of all religions except one. We will be in Iraq as long as there is political or economic advantage for the buddies, friends, and political contributors and allies of whatever administration is currently sitting. Regardless of if it is next year, 4 years from now, or 10 years from now. When there is no longer an advantage to the privileged few, then we the people will be relieved of this huge financial burden. Hopefully it comes before the financial ruin of this great nation.<br /><br />As for hating bush, sure lots of people do. Lots of people, including me do not respect but also do not hate bush. As for the arguments making no sense, when you can’t think for yourself, they won’t. When you develop the ability to question the motives of the government and realize that there are reasons far beyond the spin that the administration spews to the American people, then they start to make sense. Whether they are right, or wrong, the arguments make sense. As long as you are a card carryin’, let-the-party-think-for-ya red party member then nothing that disagrees with or questions the intentions and motives of the corporate America party will make sense. Is that simple enough for a republican to understand?<br /><br />Call me a troll, I don’t care. I can think for myself, therefore I am ………….<br />more intelligent than the average republican party member.<br /><br />OK, maybe that went too far, but you all get the point I'm quite sure.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

The republican patent diversion tactic. Classic..<br />Instead of answering the question that was asked, and respecting the validity and integrity of the person asking, attack and divert. That way the republican party doesn't have to own up to anything negative.<br /><br />The original question was a simple one. And I read it as a respectful one. Too bad not many of the replies were equally respectful. But Kelton, txswinner, One More Cast, and pony85 all had what I read as respectful, and constructive replies. These people are to be commended. And Ken, I was surprised at the stark contrast of your two replies, one respectful and contributory to the thread, and one totally Republican, but the two don't need to be exclusive.<br /><br />And JB, after enjoying your very well expressed and very thoughtful posts for so long, I was shocked when you started in about the libs. There I think you chose to ignore the truth. Bush had intelligence reports supporting the FACT that there were no WMD's left in Iraq. That is fact, not "unsupportable gossip, distortions and outright lies." Government documents have surfaced supporting that fact. Insiders have finally come forward and supported those documents. The bush administration has a long track record of misleading the American people, and here is another example. AS for the war being over, I seem to remember hearing his voice, on my truck radio saying that the [war] major conflict was over. He DID NOT say the war was over, just the major conflict. There is a difference. <br /><br />As for wanting to know when we would be withdrawing, I would like to know, and I don’t think this is too much to ask. I think the vast majority of America would like to know. They ask from a viewpoint of keeping the government accountable. A major point of contempt for the republican party. We aren't demanding a pullout by asking when we just want the government to tell us. Not a date, but a circumstance, what requirements need to be met before we will withdraw. Some say when the Iraqi government has enough trained and equipped police, military personnel, etc, etc, etc. OK, that is an acceptable answer, now how are we coming on this achievement. Is there any expectation of fulfillment? If there are only 1 million eligible Iraqi citizens, and the administration demands 800,000 police and military (JUST an example, DO NOT think I am quoting or asserting any fact or gossip), then the achievement is unlikely. If the administration's realistic and qualified threshold is 350,000, and we train 10,000 each three months, and we have 200,000 trained now, then we can have an expectation of withdrawl in about four years. This accounts for casualties and dropouts.<br /><br />These figures were for example only. Nowhere have I seen or heard any figures or conditions like these. I have never heard or read any supporting information. The idiot in the oval office, oh wait, in Crawford, Texas will only say that we are not going to pull out troops. This is an unacceptable answer to many of us, but he won’t satisfy our REAL question, just attack and divert.