How do promotions happen?

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How do promotions happen?

Nice title JB, you kinda remind me of Wilson on the T.V. show Home Improvement. Loaded with useful information.<br /> <br />Cabin boy took a hit a stayed with it in the "war", I'm glad thats over with. :D

gonfishn

Commander

Hey RepeatWood, I'v noticed that some of your posts are added twice. I guess so we Won't forget you as if we ever could.<br /><br />Has your computer Aquired a Stutter or is old age Creeping in on you? Us Older Taters are known to repeat ourselves and its an excepted factor with us but in your case I doubt it.<br /><br />Haven't been on you for a while and thought this would get a response out of StutterWood.........

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah what's up with that. You aren't pulling a Sloopy on us are you? lol :D

sloopy

Commander

LOL! stutter... is very rare.. cluttering is a form of stuttering! but a D.A.F on and turn the delay to -4 and you will see what stuttering is !

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know about thia. I kind of liked Sloopy's ideas on how to invest lottery winnings. Now there's three people who actually understand international currency- Sloopy and two old guys with the Bank of England. And the two old guys don't agree with each other. Might need Sloopy someday as a tie-breaker and he needs a prestigious title for his credentials.

dmiller

Seaman Apprentice

To Jack Shellac<br /><br />so........you would consider Cabin boy aka snoopy as your investment counsellor.............his grammar alone would lose your investment for you.<br /><br />if he were at all concerned about how he was percieved he would use spell check or re-read his comments more carefully.............however, as a result of his not doing so,provides us with entertainment with his antics.( which are quite humorous ).<br /><br />would we laugh so hard if it were our son?<br /><br />diagnosis: ADD (attention deficit disorder)<br /><br />prescription: ritalin and a tutor<br /><br />prognosis: he WILL grow up in his own time and place, and until then, certainly amuse and offend us.<br /><br />perhaps his teachers have given up on him. sad.<br />grade ten and he has difficulty stringing a sentance together.<br /><br />this is not an attack on him......just a perspective so some of you whom he does offend, can see things from a different view.<br /><br />meanwhile...carry on Cabin boy.....perform!!!

sloopy

Commander

hey! i do have ad :( I'll admit that.. :( I have it becuase of severe deprecion, I also have the cluttering problem, I got to speach theropy! becuase I think faster then I talk. and I also talk like 500 something a minute! other then that I am plane normal. 3.7 gpa. in two honers placment classes and have a heart for sailing !

gonfishn

Commander

If the Sloopster could pick out some Stock Winners I would't care if he could spell or not. I use to go to the Net every day to see how much I was Making. Now I come here so I won't be so Depressed.<br /><br />I'm Making more and saving alot but at the same time I'm losing more than I ever Imagined. My Broker spells correctly and yet I'm Still Losing.<br /><br />Lets see now is it sentance or Sentence you tell me D.

RICKRICK1

Ensign

Who realy cares if we mispel a wad. Each of usens adds to this forum in our own way. Some like JB are very knowledgable and some like my self came here to learn and get help, but I found alot of good people who care more than about boats. :) I would be proud to call each and everyone of you my friend. Because just like the friends and coworkers each of you come in contact with each day each is a little different. Viva la difference. :D

dmiller

Seaman Apprentice

you missed the point boys<br /><br />it was to let the complainers see there was more to sloop than a big mouth.<br /><br />sentance in canada

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

It was a friendly joke about Sloopy's investment advice. I had my daughter, who works with learning disabilities daily, look at this string and her comments were that the Sloop probably has one, but there are many worse ways he could be acting them out. By the way, she wasn't too sure about the rest of us, either [Ha]. Sloopy can't be all bad. At least he admitted his problem and is interested in boats. A lot of my daughter's students are into some bad things at an even earlier age.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

The kid is all right... :p Friends: Let's leave this topic of "Cabin Boy" Sloopys quarks now before the same thing happens again... Quarks:Strange things that make us individuals..We all have em'.. :p

gonfishn

Commander

Sorry DMiller. I was trying to make a point and it was a p...poor one at that.....

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I kind of like him around except when he bumps other than that he gives a little humor to the forum as long as he is taken the right way. :D

Fishbusters

Ensign

Sloopy scares me. I hate to think the future is in his (and others like him) hands. Actually Sloopy seems to be a smart young man with WAAAAYYYY too much time on his hands.

Mike NZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Sloopster has one amazing strength that is to say he is a goodnatured little guy. J.B. gave his lead a sharp but timley pull re. pesty posts, and the O'l Sloop just took it on the chin, apologised and with no retaliation or smart reply. There is more to this cabinperson than meets eye. He that is down need fear no fall.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

No....Not pulling an 00-Boaty.<br /><br />Ever since the lightning strike I have been at war with my computer.<br /><br />On that post I pressed "add reply" and it was going through when it just stopped.<br /><br />So I pressed "refresh" and it put it up twice.<br /><br />I am haveing problems with a couple of things.<br /><br />I cannot get "flying corps gold" (A WW1 flight sim) to Run at all....It was just fine awhile back.<br /><br />I thought it was the CD because it had some small scratches on it....NOT....I orderd a new copy and it wont run either.<br /><br />I have plenty of computer for the job....It worked before...why not now....RRRRRRRRRRRRR<br /><br />Doublewood.

Mike NZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Give the old disk to a freind, you get the new one (of course), and go outside. Take a sound systyem and put on your Snoopy tape. Get him to throw his in the air then throw yours at his. If you knock him out of the sky you win if you miss he wins. Now its your turn. There is an upgrade available once you have mastered this version.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A not on CDs, espcially Computer CDs. MOst of the information is written around the center of the CD. You can look at the CD and see the part with the information is slightly different looking (lighter). Any scratches that don't touch that will not effect the CD.<br /><br />Derwood, I replied to your other post on the video problems. Games, especially under win 98 can be brutal on your settings.