How do I remounted cd ignition module on side of powerhead?

valbonski

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
7
I recently purchased a 1980 Chyrsler 75 hp motor- serial #758H0B . The powerhead had gotten overheated and loosened(melted?) the rubber mounts on the cd ignition module. The cd module mounts on the side of the powerhead yet uses no screws or bolts, ect. I assume it was epoxied, but not sure. Anyway, I believe the powerhead was not damaged but I need to remount the cd module. What's the game plan?
 

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
2,177
Re: How do I remounted cd ignition module on side of powerhead?

You can remove the old mounts with the aid of a vice grip. Grab them near their base. Once you have removed them, you can install new ones and your set.

Cameo from TMD
 
Top