How do I get this motor cover off?

DDI

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
2
I just bought my first Chrysler outboard motor, a vintage 25 HP and can't figure out how to remove the engine cover. I'd appreciate any help. CHRYSLER OUTBOARD.jpg
 
Last edited:

wickware

Lieutenant
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
1,286
Re: How do I get this motor cover off?

Check the front center's ?Bottom? down below the Black Label on the cover.
 

firedawg662

Cadet
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
17
Re: How do I get this motor cover off?

Check the rear of the cover where it meets the base. There may be a lever that moves and releases the cover.
 

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
12,004
Re: How do I get this motor cover off?

Under the steering nose there is a lever that moves side-to-side. Pull it to the port side of the engine (left), lift the front, and slide back the cover off the rear clasp.
 

DDI

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
2
Re: How do I get this motor cover off?

Under the steering nose there is a lever that moves side-to-side. Pull it to the port side of the engine (left), lift the front, and slide back the cover off the rear clasp.

Found it, thanks!!!
 
Top