how do I find out what year my motor is

fishin24/7

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
2
I have a 125 force motor model# 1258x4a I would like to know whay year it is?
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: how do I find out what year my motor is

Your welcome
7.gif
 

inspector86

Cadet
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
8
Re: how do I find out what year my motor is

Hello Commander<br />Could you tell me what year my motor is<br />Model# 357F9A s/n 1351<br />Also could you tell me how to remove lower unit I have 4 bolts out , unit dropped about an inch and seems stuck what am I missing I am definitely a rookie on boat motors but am mechanically ok
 

imported_LakeRunner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
174
Re: how do I find out what year my motor is

Check under the cavitation plate, usually a bolt is hidden there especially if there is a zinc installed. Make sure you remove the zincs too! Clean them if they are oxidized or replace them if they are pitted or badly corroded.
 

inspector86

Cadet
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
8
Re: how do I find out what year my motor is

Thanks<br />Had to put into reverse then a cotter key & pin were exposed on the shift linkagethanks for the help
 

dgreen

Recruit
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
2
Re: how do I find out what year my motor is

Not a boat peson ! Just Bought an 85 bayliner with a 50 HP Force. Needs seals and serviced. How/where do I find the model and serial numbers ?
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: how do I find out what year my motor is

hello dgreen and welcome to iboats. If I had the model number I could tell you the year however I dont have a force and dont know where the data plates are on them. Seems they are near the motor leg somewhere number will be like 507F7B or similar. Also you should start a new post instead of adding on to someone elses post. You will get a lot more visibility that way. Good Luck
 
Top