How can the finest and rarest coin in the world cost 20 bucks?

f_inscreenname

Commander
Just saw a commercial on TV for a 1929 5 dollar gold coin for only 20 bucks. Who buys this stuff? If you are one I have a rare 1979 20 dollar bill I will sell you for a low price of $99.95. :p :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: How can the finest and rarest coin in the world cost 20 bucks?

The genuine gold half eagle is neither fine nor rare, but the fake, gold plated copies (they call them "tributes", HAHAhahahahah!! :D ) are even less fine and even less rare.<br /><br />Real value? About $2.50.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hahahah<br /> wanna buy some chrome plated infold brackets? or some precsion trued muffler bearings to go with it ?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Genuine legal tender, in some third world country, value = $0 +/- 0

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The one that cxrosses the line for me is the "WTC coin",. That is just plain sick.<br />Who buys this crap?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Sounds like the deal the US gave the Indians for Manhatten. Actually the Indians made out considering the plight of Manahtten lately. There are idiots everywhere that will buy the crap. They stay up too late and lose the sense in smart and stupid. Surprised nobody is hawking land on Atlantis.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Speaking of Atlantis, I hear it has been found. Someplace west of Cyprus about a mile down.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

The one that cxrosses the line for me is the "WTC coin",. That is just plain sick.<br />Who buys this crap?<br />
If you noticed, that WTC coin ad has been pulled and they are being investigated for fraudlent claims (about the silver coming from a safe found at ground zero, and the government offical claim to being legal tender).<br /><br />About time these coin ads were monitored.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Speaking of Atlantis, I hear it has been found. Someplace west of Cyprus about a mile down.
I read about that also. Very interesting indeed.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> .... Who buys this stuff? .... :p :D
According to Jeff Foxworthy, most people invest in stocks. Rednecks invest in commemorative plates. Maybe he has your answer, lol.