How am I suppose to stay upbeat like JB wants?

LubeDude

Admiral
JB wants us to not be negative and post upbeat posts, but how am I suppose to be happy when ever since I got by boat back it has rained every day, actually soooo much that the lake has raised a foot. I have things I want to do to the boat to post on the forum, but GEEEZ, will it ever stop.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: How am I suppose to stay upbeat like JB wants?

Awwww poorist Lubdude. Well, here's something to on your keyboard on a rainy day.<br /><br />
Code:
 ><((((º>·.¸¸´¯·.¸.·´¯·...¸>(((º> <br />.·´¯·.><((((º>·.¸¸.·´¯·.¸.·´¯·...¸><((((º><br />

Trent

Captain

Send the rain down here! Real dry here!

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Maybe, just maybe if you ask real nicely, the Ancient one might poof the rain away for you ;) :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

YABUT! If we poof rain in Oregon it might come to Texas. :eek: <br /><br />LubeDude. Just think of Al Jolson's trademark song, "April Showers".<br /><br />. . . "so keep looking for the bluebird, and listening for his song, whenever April showers come alooooong." :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I thought it rained in Oregon every day?!?

LubeDude

Admiral

Like I told my wife, "Ill fish in the rain, but Ill be danged if Ill work in it"!! Last month was beautifull, The Bass were even thinking of spawning, Now the water temp has dropped nearly 10 degrees and the water level is about a foot higher and rising.<br /><br />Ladyfish, did you actually type that, or did you just C&P. Cute.

ZmOz

Captain

Get an umbrella. :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'll take that rain if'n ya don't want it.. Dry as a bone here, and it's brushfire season..

ZmOz

Captain

Sure snapper...what's you're address? I'll overnight it to ya... :)

gonfishn

Commander

Last month you were complaining Snapper about to much liquid sunshine....Make up your mind..I washed my suv yesterday so you know it rained today..Hmmmmm how often do you wash your car LubeDude...... :)

LubeDude

Admiral

I wash my truck once in the spring and once in the fall! Misss LubeDude keeps the car clean between rain storms. :D

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yep, It's raining here in No. CA too. Oh well, I'll just focus on one of my other hobbies till it stops. Let's see:<br /><br />Astronomy...nope<br />Shooting....nope<br />Bike ridn...nope<br /><br />Dang! I guess I need another hobby. Wait till I tell the Mrs. <br /> :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Took the day off today because it is my Birthday, But it is still raining. Going to the big city of Eugene this afternoon to do some shopping and go to the Red Lobster for dinner, Shrimp anyone?

LadyFish

Admiral

Well Happy Birthday Lubedude!!!!!
poze.gif
<br /><br />P.S. I've notified the fire department, they're on their way. <br />(you know, for all those candles) :p

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

happy bday dude my wifes little brother talks about how much he wants to move Eugene everyday wished he go and shut up it's been raining here ever since thay dug the hole for my basement

gaugeguy

Captain

Happy (rainy) birthday LD!! My dad is uprooting and heading to Oregon in 2 months, all that rain may be some ammo to keep him here.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I have never met JB but from his picture I figure he has bitten into a few more sour apples than most of us, and a whole bunch that were sweet as well. Concentrating on the bad never makes it any better and most of the time those things don't require any attention anyways. Age and experience makes it all that much easier to let the rain fall and look forward to the sunlight that is ahead.<br /><br />Home sick today I have had a little time to reconsile the year to date and the year to come. Sometimes to look at a mountain is more daunting than understanding the slope and working it down one step at a time. With each step comes the rewards of the effort and the confidence of success. Sure we slip and sometimes we fall, but that won't change the mountain. Time goes by and we begin to view the mountain as a challenge instead of an obstacle. We look forward to the opportunity of the challenge. Some succeed others fail, but beyond the mountain is another and beyond that another. Each mountain is just like the others and the challenge remains the same. Cursing at the mountain won't change it and in a way gives the mountain more power than it deserves, after all it is just that, a mountain.<br /><br />There is no right or wrong way to conquer a mountain but the strongest climb the mountain alone and know the smell of success is best savored within.. It is the job of the those who have climbed many a mountain to map the way for those who are about to try. But nobody can climb a mountain for you. <br /><br />Sometimes when you are laying on your belly even a hill can look like a mountain it is all a matter of perspective. In this way we give the hill the same respect that should be given a mountain. There is no growth in climbing a hill, at best it provides the endurance to climb the mountain. For JB I think that the mountain is no longer a challenge but a friend and something to be thankful for. I don't think that JB is tired of hearing about the mountains, maybe just the hills. :) <br /><br />Idle ramblings of someone who sometimes needs to have his eyes examined.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That was beautiful Pointer. I believe you a writer. Written any self-help books? I think you could make a buck or two.<br />Thank you for posting that. I enjoyed it alot.<br />Bassy :)