FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is anyone aware of an hour meter with a resetable function like the trip recorder in a speedometer. <br /><br />It would be exellent for keeping track of different maintainance and or fuel use times.
Boomyal<br />A car has a non resetable odometer also. May I suggest that a log book is a better way. You keep your total hours and log your hours anytime you do something. Do good maintenance and keep records in your log book and if you should ever sell boat it will make your boat worth more. If you were working on your car would you want to know you change the oil 2000 miles ago or got gas 200 miles ago but not know the total mileage on your car.<br /><br />I do not think I have seen a resetable hour meter.
There are tachometers out there with LCD hourmeters that have a resetable function. They are kind of like trip odometers. They have a seasonal hour channel that is non-resetable and a maintenance hour feature that is resetable.
tinytach is $35, keeps engine hrs. & easy to reset, and now I have a 2nd tach. to look at when I'm not driving and doing stuff in the stern. 1 wire attatches to plug wire, 2nd to ground.