FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought this motor this week. It's a 1996 Mariner 40hp. (C40ELHPTO) I was wondering what this hose coming from the lower unit is for? I was told that the motor was just serviced and ran just fine. Any idea's? Thanks
That would be the pitot tube pickup for a speedometer connection. I never used mine so I removed it when I did the waterpump service on the LU.
There will be a threaded plastic fitting attached to the hose that threads into a boss in the LU. Simply unscrew it and install a 1/8" (I think) pipe plug in its place if you don't need the pitot tube.