Hope in High Places

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hope in High Places

It all matters not Ralph. 'They' have to stick to their guns (every pun intended) or they have to admit there is a Divine Creator. If there is a Devine Creator, then much other liberal dogma, such as, 'it's a womans choice' and all other forms of abhorent and deviant behavior that they support cannot be justified.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> It all matters not Ralph. 'They' have to stick to their guns (every pun intended) or they have to admit there is a Divine Creator. If there is a Devine Creator, then much other liberal dogma, such as, 'it's a womans choice' and all other forms of abhorent and deviant behavior that they support cannot be justified.
After that, i got nuthin! Amen, Boomyal!
emthup.gif

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Fine article.....is anybody here concerned the copyrighted newspaper articles are being reposted here word for word and that it's possible the owner of the articles could cause some major headaches here or have it shut down. It would be a shamed for this to happen. Just post a link to the story and elimate any possibliies of it happening.......

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ralph, where on earth do you find this stuff? BTW, I do appreciate the diverse, and informative topics you post Ralph. Thanks Man!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Blu Lunch:<br /> Fine article.....is anybody here concerned the copyrighted newspaper articles are being reposted here word for word and that it's possible the owner of the articles could cause some major headaches here or have it shut down. It would be a shamed for this to happen. Just post a link to the story and elimate any possibliies of it happening.......
Nope. it is done all the time, everywhere online. the following makes the above copy/pasted article "legal";<br />For the Anti-Evolutionists, Hope in High Places <br />By GEORGE JOHNSON<br />Note that not only did the post reference the author and scource og origin, but went to the extreme of including the actual link.<br /><br />I am not a fan of the C/P practice, but must admit to doing my share of it.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

That's fine You don't know if you don't ask...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Blu Lunch is correct. Ralph has violated the NYT copyright policy by C&P the entire article.<br /><br />He also violated the policy by failing to note that the article is copyrighted by NYT.<br /><br />Not all publications will allow C&P of any part of Copyrighted material without written permission. NYT will allow up to 25% to be quoted, but not all.<br /><br />It may be necessary to forbid C&P altogether. Copyright violations will no longer be allowed here.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

JB, Better make that a posting all by itself so everyone gets the heads up.<br /><br />Ken

PW2

Commander

Good, JB.<br /><br />And I have no idea why anyone should care what the Dali Lama or the pope, or anyone else for that matter, think on the subject.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sounds like a plan, JB. You are probably already aware of the damage done to "that other site".<br />People over there go nutz with the C&P. It's like a disease...Forum cancer.<br /><br />And Ken has a good idea, IMHO -- (to give notice in a post all it's own). Remove this cancer early, and save the host.<br />I was informed that the practice is legal, as long as you credit the author and source, but never vetted that.<br />A good read tho, Ralph.
emthup.gif