Honest mistake

uaw9fan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This isn't a boating story,but funny nonetheless.<br />Let me start by saying my last name is Walker.<br />When I was in grade school, the teachers used to take us all to the auditorium at the end of the day to get ready for the busses.Up on the wall were the numbers of the busses and all the kids would line up behind the number of the bus they rode on.Well one day I line up behind my number,when I hear one of the teachers say "Walkers line up here".So I go to the back of that line.Needless to say all of the busses are told to leave before they release the "Walkers", kids that live close to the school.So there I am when the teacher turns to me and see's my bus number on my chest,and say's "What are you still doing here".To which I responded "I'm A Walker"

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Honest mistake

LOL that is funny... :D what a great story, hey you were just following what they said. still cute none the less.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Went to High school with a guy by the last name of Baiter (Pronounced Bait-er) Also had a teacher whose practice it was to address all the female students as Miss, and the male students as Master. Needless to say there was more than a slight class chuckle the first time he was taking attendance and called for Master Baiter’s response. Master Baiter,…………………… do we have a Master Baiter in the room??? :eek: :D :D

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

:D :D Thats a good one and it is almost as old as I am.

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's what I was afraid my rank was gonna move up to after I got passed cadet.

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's what I was afraid my rank was gonna move up to after I got past cadet. Need to learn to spell.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Just like the old joke calling a bar and asking for Michael Hunt. <br />To make it better I know a Michael Hunt....He doesn't like to be called Mike.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

There used to be a Master Baiter Fishing Tackle website that sold hats and shirts and such. Nearly bought one. :D <br /><br />Their motto was: Fish or go Blind.<br /><br />spots

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> Just like the old joke calling a bar and asking for Michael Hunt. <br />To make it better I know a Michael Hunt....He doesn't like to be called Mike.
Yup...my step-brother's name is Michael Hawk....his parents didn't ever think about nicknames. At his 18th birthday he asked why they had named him as such...then they got it....<br /><br />and my mother's name is Maureen (aka "Mo"). Can't make these things up.<br /><br />-JMW

ehenry

Commander

In all honesty I know a guy...Richard B. Head. The B initial is for Brent and thats the name he goes by. He's also an ex-marine...dont you know those drill sargeants had a field day with him.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> In all honesty I know a guy...Richard B. Head.
Oh No! ....some parents have a lot to answer for....that is cruel ! :D

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I went to school with a girl who's last name was Schauer. Her name was April and her sister was May.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Went to high school with a girl who's last name was Head, we used to call her Gimmie. :eek:

uaw9fan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Kinda like the kid with the last name Case. Parents named him Justin. :eek:
To one up you,I knew a kid named <br />Justin Casey Wood

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My best friend's name is Peter Mohr, but we call him Pete. In the army however, he was called by his last name first, and his proper first name.<br /><br />Mohr, Peter!<br /><br />Dan<br /><br />P.S. No, this is not a joke. The guy lives in Salisbury, Md.

Ripfence

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> In all honesty I know a guy...Richard B. Head. The B initial is for Brent and thats the name he goes by. He's also an ex-marine...dont you know those drill sargeants had a field day with him.
The former CEO of Reynolds Metals (they make Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil among other things) is named Richard Holder and he goes by the name **** Holder - True story.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

and...to bring the topic around to boating fishing...I bought a baitcast reel off eBay - Penn's freshwater series, called "Master" - no kidding, I have a Master bait casting reel.

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

I used to work with a guy whose name is **** Holden and another guy whose name is Peter Palmer. <br /><br />I went to highschool with a couple guys whose last name was Woodcock and another guy whose last name was ****meyer. <br /><br />All of it absolutely true.