honda f12x aquatrax

riverebel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
looking for info on this ski,as i am considering selling my 750 polaris & buying one ..anyone have any feedback good or bad.have heard they were loud as heck.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: honda f12x aquatrax

go to http://www.pwctoday.com and go to the Honda Forum.<br /><br />I just bought my wife the 04 F-12X. I'm told the Turbo version is much quieter than the non-turbo.<br /><br />You'll have all the info you can stand by going to that link above.

riverebel

Petty Officer 3rd Class

keltonkrew..what kind of deal did you get on your new ski? anyone know what the markup is on them new hondas?

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I want to say I got the ski for around $9k. not the best deal, but not the worst. My total was higher due to galvanized trailer, cover, life vests, and other stuff. I made them work the entire package, not just the ski.<br /><br />The Honda dealers around here aren't dealing...There are only a couple and they must be cahoots w/ each other!<br /><br />so, I settled for who had the best reputation and service dept.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

I drove a turbo version and was impressed accept it had a dead spot on the middle where it did not respont while steering seemed like a inch either way did nothing but it rode great and he said it was good on gas, the sea doo people I hang with said the supercharged models are awfull on gas, the owner said it had a slight turbo lag, but it was not obvious to me. he said he took a left over and paid under 7 k for it and thats why he grabbed it. I do hear grumblings about honda not wanting to honor their warranty but it could just be the dealers they are using, And most jet ski warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on any how, every one complains about all the manufacturers. no one covers water ingestion and thats what usually kills the ski see what the price of maintenance and parts looks like i heard sea doo is 4 thousand for a replacement engine alone, but eventually all skies will be 4 strokers so honda knows what they are doing.