FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm looking at getting one of these for a tender, but have heard they might be very noisy !<br />Anyone care to comment on how they compare with my last tender engine which was a Yamaha 2-stroke 3Hp with full gear control.<br /><br />Chris W.
My BF2 is noisier than I would like, I'm not sure I like the cooling set up in that regard. It could just be it's a 'different' noise than I'm used to. It's reliable, has plenty of power, but does, in fact, vibrate more than I like, too. I think firing on every fourth stroke on a single cylinder is not going to be as smooth as a two stroke. However, it may be better on a lighter weight boat than I've been using mine on.