Homemade transom bracket?

Dickinson

Cadet
Anyone have any pictures or guidelines for building one of these things? I think I could make one for less than $40.00 like you'd pay to buy one at the store.

kevco

Cadet
Re: Homemade transom bracket?

$40 is cheap compared to this :
PICT0009-1.jpg

a70eliminator

Captain

Anyone have any pictures or guidelines for building one of these things? I think I could make one for less than $40.00 like you'd pay to buy one at the store.
Are you refering to a transom saver? I made one from a stick like this Y I just had to hunt around the woods for a few minutes, not condoning it but in a pinch it worked.

kabcpapc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you haven't done anything yet, check out Wal-mart. My stores were being transferred over to all Atwood products. They had a Swivl-eze transom saver on clearance for $5.00. The Atwood transom saver was also a Swivl-eze but at a much higher price.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

I paid less than $25 each for both of mine from Gander Mountain. I've seen homemade versions on this forum...some of wood, others of metal. Post some pix of what you come up with if you make our own.

86RajunCajun

Petty Officer 1st Class

22$ from walmart.....thats cheap...get the correct part to keep your outboard safe when trailering.

GL
RC