Holy mint 1972 Glastron batman!!!!

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Holy mint 1972 Glastron batman!!!!

Nice little Glastron. I can't believe how mint that thing is. It ought to scoot with that 80 on it. You and Your family are going to have a great time this summer.

scorpionfs

Seaman

very nice boat there,looks like something you would see on a barret jackson show lol:)

83Evinrude

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very nice, a buddy of mine had one in the early eighties. He replaced the original 85hp Evinrude with a 115, it sure pulled skiers hard.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That is one nice old boat...Man it looks like it just came off the showroom floor... Very well taken care of and a steal at 2k...You can use it for a summer or 2, and make a nice profit towards another boat....I did something like that, bought a bass tracker 2 years ago for 2500, used 2 seasons and sold for 3500....

F14CRAZY

Ensign

I'm surprised...no calls to do core samples...:D

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

wow!very nice boat ,about the only thing i dont like is no tilt trim which can be fixed with a aftermarket kit.still a great find ,hope you enjoy,no ,i know youre going to enjoy!

superwooter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

man, i sure do love a tri-hull. especially one that clean for that low of a price! i don't think you'll mind the smaller size too much for what you're saying you want to do with it. it's not like you'll be cruising up the atlantic coast from florida to NY in it! enjoy.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

GREEN WITH JEALOUSY!

Seriously, not great rough water boats, but awesome for fishing (super stable). That would be an awesome addition to my garage for some of the smaller lakes around here.

We need to see that on the water!

Ian

Aqualift

Petty Officer 2nd Class

72glv156sportster.jpg

cmhouser

Seaman Apprentice

Lol. Never really considered myself a swinger but guess I'm going to be now!!!

Anyone know what would be the most appopriate way of getting tilt/trim on there or would you not bother with it for the $$$?

Aqualift

Petty Officer 2nd Class

EBAY has a lot of used Mercury trim and tilt stuff.

Jakebob

Seaman

EBAY has a lot of used Mercury trim and tilt stuff.

Yep. There is a complete CMC unit that would fit that swinger on eBay right now for a little more than 1/2 the price of new. Well, that's the current bid anyway.

I just noticed in the other thread that he put $$ down on it.

NICE!

cmhouser

Seaman Apprentice

Yep. There is a complete CMC unit that would fit that swinger on eBay right now for a little more than 1/2 the price of new. Well, that's the current bid anyway.

I just noticed in the other thread that he put $$ down on it.

NICE!

Yes sir. I pick it up on Sat and I'm super excited. Now for the Minnesota wait. It's been really nice here (in the 50's) for the past few weeks but I'm guessing we are about 30-45 days out from comfortable tubing weather (without chattering teath). Come on GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!

Moody Blue

Captain

Anyone know what would be the most appopriate way of getting tilt/trim on there or would you not bother with it for the $$$?

I have the same motor as you and I installed PTT on it last summer. I found a very good used Merc system for $200 complete. Took me about 2 hours to install it and another 3 hours to run the hoses and hook up the electrics.

Well worth the money I spent. Can't imagine running the motor without it.

woosterken

Lieutenant

I would want to find out if you could get tilt and trim on that modle back then first, it would be a shame to put it on, with the new shape this is in.

woosterken

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Great find! Man it still shines nice too!
You would want power trim being it is a tri-hull.That way you can trim up in the chop to help the ride.
That 80 will push it really good too.

I had a 17 ft tri-hull Glastron with a 75 Merc on it.. I think it was a 76 model.
Good solid boat! That Merc would fly too..;)

Huron Angler

Admiral

I don't believe Mercury made a power trim and tilt in '71 or '72. Mine sits on a powered CMC bracket that works very well and sets the motor back 6".

Moody Blue

Captain

I don't believe Mercury made a power trim and tilt in '71 or '72. .

Sure they did but wasn't offered on the smaller HP engines even though they are 100% compatible. As I said, I put a stock Merc PTT system on my 1971 Merc 800 last summer. The "type 1" system was in use from the last '60s thru till about mid 80's when the design changed.