Hole in impeller case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just wondering what is the hole in the impeller case for? depressurising? i never noticed it before, but when i took the cover off i realised it has been doing it for a while by the looks of the inside of the cover. Is it supposed to do it constantly?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Hole in impeller case?

I guess All of That would depend on What we're working On..........

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bond-o, I think he is talking about his Whirlpool dishwasher.

Coors

Captain

he forum is full of clairvoyants, isn't it?
Yep, I think it a Maytag.

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got out my crystal ball & it told me that you're running an omc cobra. Then it told me that it's a vent hole & not to do anything stupid like plugging the hole, causing the pump to fail, resulting in engine overheating which will toast it. I'll keep my crystal ball handy in case you have any more questions.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Man I got to get me one of them crystal balls, they are amazing!!!;););)

Bondo

Staff member

I Guess it's time to Up-grade My Crystral Ball,........

Mine's getting abit cloudy,+ All I could see was a Basement Sump Pump.......;)

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just figured since i posted like 5 posts that day explaining which motor/outdrive i had everytime, and mostly the same people respond everytime that everyone was getting tired of hearing "i have an 86 4.3L OMC" Anywaiz, that's what it is. Also figured that just by saying the symptoms or explaining the hole it would be pretty easy to for experts like yourselves to catch on to what i had.

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, some of us don't remember what every poster runs in their boat. We're all not members of Menza. If u want a response rather than having your chops busted, then take the time to type in what the hell u have in your boat.

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It has nothing to do with time. i have all the time in the world. i just thought everyone would get tired of reading the same **** over and over again about my boat. Ther's no reason to be a ****. respond to my question or don't say anything. ther's not need for it. Sorry your a professional thread poster maybe one day i can be as good as you.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why don't you put your boat specifics in your signature block, Similar to what Manipulator has in his. No muss, no fuss.

Manipulator

Just add a signature to your posts that appears on all of them like mine does. Make the signature your boat and drive info. Then there is no question what you have and you won't have to type it each time. You'll get advice quicker and it will be more accurate.

Coors

Captain

It has nothing to do with time. i have all the time in the world. i just thought everyone would get tired of reading the same **** over and over again about my boat. Ther's no reason to be a ****. respond to my question or don't say anything. ther's not need for it. Sorry your a professional thread poster maybe one day i can be as good as you.

Round 2
Your attitude won't fly in here.

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, I may be a **** at times, professional poster I'm not. Just remember, you're the one in need of advice.

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Easy there, just tell them what they need to know for the best answers.
No flamming will be allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manipulator

Why don't you put your boat specifics in your signature block, Similar to what Manipulator has in his. No muss, no fuss.

Don S, always a few steps ahead of everyone else.

Admin5

Well that turned out well everyone. Great job! If we keep this up we will scare every poster that is even thinking of trying out iboats. I am mighty impressed!

Please remember that even though forums are not face to face discussions, many people are not 100% comfortable posting because they don't want to look like fools. Yes the original poster went over the line but it was clear he was pushed to that point by quite a few pointed sticks. Come on folks, we can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.