HOA rules say, no boats visible from the street,....

ratdude747

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Why I refuse to live in a HOA neighborhood. Dealing with nonsense city rules is bad enough... Thankfully, no issues with having a boat in the front yard (it has to go there at the moment for muff water access reasons)

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Why I refuse to live in a HOA neighborhood. Dealing with nonsense city rules is bad enough... Thankfully, no issues with having a boat in the front yard (it has to go there at the moment for muff water access reasons)
Same here, that was the criteria when I did my first home purchase search/purchase back in 2017, no homes in POA/HOA.

Some areas in the US have gotten so bad involving HOA/POA abuse of power that the local or state governments have been pushed to do something about it

Many people across the globe are already buried with needless regulations on what you can and cannot do to your own property that has nothing to do with safety, cleanliness, respect for government, or the environment.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
My (town) house had an HOA. No boats allowed to be parked on the street. Don't own a boat, don’t care

Pulled a friend’s 28’ back from vacation and parked out front overnight before taking it back to his storage lot the next morning. HOA pres was there bright and early the next morning being an ass.

Last house on a dead end street. Only person it was “bothering” was the neighbor who didn’t care one way or the other. Long story short, left it there for 2 weeks out of spite.

Guess who bought a Jon boat the next summer and petitioned for a trailer lot to be built?

Guess who voted no…lol

airshot

Rear Admiral
While I would never live in an HOA, I have been known to " stir the pot" on various things....I could picture a fence painted to look like a garbage dump !

starcraftkid

Petty Officer 1st Class
I lived in a town that was situated around a lake, out of the blue they suddenly passed an ordnance prohibiting boats from being stored at private residences. At that point nearly every house had a boat in the driveway or garage. Mine sat in my basement garage at road level always attached to my truck. They went around to each and ever house, even looking in windows for boats. It turned out it was all driven by the mayor and his brother-in-law who had just fenced in a huge lot just outside of town and opened a boat storage facility which charged $100/mo plus $21/ft per month to store boats.
Most people just told them to f-off and ignored it as they kept issuing fines they started to claim properties for non payment. Then city official's homes started to get (we'll just say harassed here), The law soon got forgotten.
One neighbor, who got fed up with the local bs, and who was a painter/artist herself painted a massive mural on the side of her barn depicting all the town officials as characters lined up in a firing squad with a various Looney Tunes characters taking care of business. It was up for a few years, at least till either those people were gone or someone convinced here to paint over it or hide it. She had kept making additions to it and each time it got a little bolder or even crass to the point most didn't want their kids to see it.