HIN Decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just acquired a 1983 Starcraft HIN STRL06850783-A4
The HIN decoders I've seen online will decode the STRL06850783 part, but I haven't been able to learn anything about what the -A4 suffix means. Can someone here shed some light on this?

Thanks

1682357358251.jpeg

Johnsloan

Recruit
I just acquired a 1983 Starcraft HIN STRL06850783-A4
The HIN decoders I've seen online will decode the STRL06850783 part, but I haven't been able to learn anything about what the -A4 suffix means. Can someone here shed some light on this? PPP Survey

Thanks

View attachment 378093
Hello,

The Hull Identification Number (HIN) is a unique identifier for watercraft, similar to a vehicle's VIN. The HIN is composed of several parts, including the manufacturer's code (STR), a serial number (L06850783), and a suffix (-A4 in this case). The suffix typically provides additional information about the boat, such as the model year, month of production, or other manufacturing details.

Unfortunately, the specific meaning of the "-A4" suffix in the HIN you provided is not universally standardized and may vary between manufacturers or even individual boats. It's possible that it could represent a variety of things, such as a specific model variation, production batch, or other internal coding used by Starcraft at that time.

To get accurate and detailed information about the meaning of the "-A4" suffix for your 1983 Starcraft boat, I recommend reaching out to Starcraft directly, consulting with boating enthusiasts or forums specializing in vintage boats, or contacting marine authorities who may have access to historical documentation related to HIN codes.

I hope the information may helps you.

Mod edit. this thread is over 90 days old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.