High Temp Alarm on Mercruiser 3.0l LX

BigOtis

Cadet
Can someone tell me if my 1997 Regal - 3.0L LX mercruiser has a high temp alarm on it? Or in fact does it have an alarm for anything? I just bought this boat. Had it out once for test run. Had to fix a few things but it is an older boat. I am currently putting on new thermostat and temp sending unit, as the temp gauge does not work, reads 100 deg all the time. I have never heard an alarm or buzzer of any kind on this boat.

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: High Temp Alarm on Mercruiser 3.0l LX

It should have both engine and exhaust high temp alarms. Also low oil pressure alarm.

BigOtis

Cadet

Sky, i cant find any sign of high temp alarm? ive looked all over thermostat housing and right next to temp sending unit. just a plug next to temp sender unit. i do see a tan wire with a stripe in same wire harness as sender unit wire, but that wire is just tie wrapped up. looks to have been that way for quite some time? possibly since boat was built?

Bondo

Staff member

Sky, i cant find any sign of high temp alarm? ive looked all over thermostat housing and right next to temp sending unit. just a plug next to temp sender unit. i do see a tan wire with a stripe in same wire harness as sender unit wire, but that wire is just tie wrapped up. looks to have been that way for quite some time? possibly since boat was built?

Ayuh,.... That would be My guess,....

Speakrdude

Ensign

It was an upgrade on some models.
The wiring is there, but not the over heat, low oil ps., sensors, or the buzzer.