high idle

redlinemc

Cadet
Did it work fine before? If so, did you do anything to the Control Cables, like anchoring/securing them?
Think I’ll just have to tear the ***** apart and have a look to c if it’s stuck in fast idle keeping the rpm’s up!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Some Control boxes, move the Cable Housing, when the Fast Idle Levers are being utilized, instead of moving the Inner Cable. Improper Anchoring of the Cable to the Boat, can interfere with its operation

Improperly adjusted cable length at the Motor, can result in Inconsistent Idle, or too fast. You want the Throttle Cable to place a little Pressure against the Idle Stop. Setting of Idle Speed requires the Throttle Cable not to be anchored. Once the Idle Speed is established, the Length of the Cable is then adjusted to provide a bit of Preload, and then reanchored

redlinemc

Cadet
Some Control boxes, move the Cable Housing, when the Fast Idle Levers are being utilized, instead of moving the Inner Cable. Improper Anchoring of the Cable to the Boat, can interfere with its operation

Improperly adjusted cable length at the Motor, can result in Inconsistent Idle, or too fast. You want the Throttle Cable to place a little Pressure against the Idle Stop. Setting of Idle Speed requires the Throttle Cable not to be anchored. Once the Idle Speed is established, the Length of the Cable is then adjusted to provide a bit of Preload, and then reanchored
Yes I did read that over the past few days and thanks for that reassurance ! I really like these forums ! Most people I call up for a quick question don’t wanna tell you much they just tell u “u will have to bring it in” lol well here in Ontario anyway lol
Im hoping it’s a simple as adjusting cables and not getting into a carb clean !
By the way I had a lot water get into gas tank last year and drained lines and carb bowls and now have a filter attached to stop any water getting thru but….
haven’t really touched any cables or nothing much has been done to the motor at all so don’t know if cabled will come out of sync on their own,,,? anyway cheers!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Does a Doctor or Lawyer give away Anything? I guess Blue Collar Workers are expected to give away, their Livelihoods.
What part of Ontario are you at?

redlinemc

Cadet
Does a Doctor or Lawyer give away Anything? I guess Blue Collar Workers are expected to give away, their Livelihoods.
What part of Ontario are you at?
Livelihoods? Sending a fellow boater in the right direction is being a good person.
I don’t think by me not taking it in to a Marina is gonna affect their livelihood bud.
Cheers