Hey! You Minnesota I-Boaters

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Keep your cold air to yourselves.<br /><br />I have to tell you that our schools here are delayed 2 hours because of the cold. The reason, it's 14 degrees outside. <br /><br />I believe we're raising a generation of greenhouse plants.<br /><br />Jinx

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hey! You Minnesota I-Boaters

Hey I like the Greenhouse gas producing plant idea...Think I'll plant a few come spring. as for the cold air...Hey didn't want to keep it all to ourselves, thought we would share some.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Don't give Minnesota all the blame, their air flows over Indiana en route to Va. We add dry, crackly stuff, creating frostbite, chapped skin and cooling system freezeups. I think we add stupid too, considering Ft. Wayne is the dumbest city in the US?? ;)

sangerwaker

Commander

Hey, c'mon now! It's not us...it's those darned cheddar heads! :D :D :p

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I BEG YOUR PARDON! That's CHEESEheads! "CHEDDARheads" might be seen as Racist. :D <br /><br />Right now 14 degrees would be a heat wave up here. People would strip naked and run thru the streets in celebration. Considering we haven't been able to lie in the sun for the last 5 months, that would make a whole new category of snow blindness. NOT a pretty sight. :eek:

KaGee

Admiral

Virginia is the only place I know that shuts down if the tempature drops below 20 or there is more than 1/2" of snow on the ground.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I found out today that they felt that they would not be able to get the diesel school busses started this AM after being idle for three days.<br /><br />Hey, what's a couple million $ in lost productivity!<br /><br />Jinx

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> I BEG YOUR PARDON! That's CHEESEheads! "CHEDDARheads" might be seen as Racist. :D <br /><br />Right now 14 degrees would be a heat wave up here. People would strip naked and run thru the streets in celebration. Considering we haven't been able to lie in the sun for the last 5 months, that would make a whole new category of snow blindness. NOT a pretty sight. :eek:
Hate those words: Lake Effect
sterb032.gif

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> I BEG YOUR PARDON! That's CHEESEheads! "CHEDDARheads" might be seen as Racist. :D <br /><br />Right now 14 degrees would be a heat wave up here. People would strip naked and run thru the streets in celebration. Considering we haven't been able to lie in the sun for the last 5 months, that would make a whole new category of snow blindness. NOT a pretty sight. :eek:
LMAO!!<br />I hear ya Willy. It is about the same up here. First couple of weeks of spring, you would think a bunch of Beluga whales had beached themselves at the lake.<br /> :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy