Hey everyone.....newbie here!

James Bond

Seaman
Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to forums in general. I use message boards a lot for my auto racing hobby. I just purchased my first boat a few months ago, and so far so good. I want to learn as much as I can about them, because unfortunately, my boat needs a little bit of mechanical and cosmetic work.....all of which I plan on doing myself.<br /><br />My boat is a 1998 Marada 2100 XRT with a Merc 5.0L EFI/Alpha One drivetrain. <br /><br />I'm from Moore, Oklahoma (South Oklahoma City) and I frequent Lake Thunderbird (Lake Dirtybird for the locals) and Lake Texoma on the long weekends. I hope my stay here will be a pleasant one, and maybe someday I'll know as much about these boats as I do race cars! And here's a few pictures of my new money pit!<br />
34460821-3363-02000180-.jpg
<br />
34460819-be32-02000180-.jpg
<br />
DSC05131.JPG

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Hey everyone.....newbie here!

Welcome aboard 007 :D (couldn't resist)You have found the number one boating forum. Plenty of help here and always new views are appreaciated.

ndemge

Commander

had to look twice, there IS a boat in the first picture, missed it at first :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

James Bond,<br />My good boating buddy has a '97 21' Marada XRT in white with purple & yellow graphics and upholstery! Welcome aboard!<br />
10_1_10.gif

James Bond

Seaman

BrianFD - Marada's seem to be pretty rare, before I bought it, I tried to do some research, but really couldn't find much. I ended up crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, and so far it turned out to be a pretty good gamble. So it's nice to hear that there are others!<br /><br />SS MAYFLOAT - If you look closely in the first pic (look at the BOAT!!!) you'll see the name of it....SHAKEN, NOT STIRRED and here is my other money pit:<br />
11532290-9891-02000180-.jpg
<br /><br />And my name is Jeff...... ;)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome Mr. Bond.<br /><br />Real neat site hey!!!!!!!

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome aboard. Jump right in the water's fine.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Welcom James!<br />You've come to the right place.

bubbakat

Captain

Welcome aboard and good looking err boat and car.<br />I have boated a good deal on texoma myself back in the seventies.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, James. Welcome aboard. :) <br /><br />Love the. . . um. . . Miata?

James Bond

Seaman

Originally posted by JB:<br /> <br /><br />Love the. . . um. . . Miata?
Ouch! That hurts! I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Miata!<br /><br /><br />-------

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to the funnest place online. <br />Bassy :)

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Bond...James Bond. Welcome aboard. We frequently have need of a double naught spy, but have never had one before. For example, you could have found out what actually happened with Mrs. Suds Boat Listing to Port.

James Bond

Seaman

Well, here's what happened to her boat.....<br /><br />The culprits....known as the Dockside Liberation Front.....planted a small explosive devise to the hull, unfortunately, when they bolted it on, they never sealed the holes with silicone, so it ended up leaking and making the boat tip over.....<br /><br />By the way, which side is Port?<br /><br /> ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Boat? What boat? Nice looking car and other pics though :D <br /><br />Welcome aboard sir James. This is the best boating forum I've found. Even though DC is seldom about boating :) <br /><br />Someone just emailed me to take another look at your pics and they claim there really is a boat there :confused: <br /><br />Email must have been from LadyFish or Bassy! :D :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Cool boat there 007! Like your car too. I used to autocross long time ago. Found out boating is cheaper than keeping up with the competetion. My brother still races in SCCA events. He also drives a dwarf car. I have been thinking about getting back into it, but fishing and boating is less effort. I still miss the ole adrenalin rush from racing though.<br /><br />Good to have you aboard!

Skinnywater

Commander

Welcome aboard James Bond.<br /><br />JB, that's a chop-top Pontiac Sunbird.<br /><br />Can't be all that great on the track Jeff, looks like you backed into those pylons.<br />Pylons can't be that hard to outrun and a little less reverse gear will get you closer to the checkered flag. :p

James Bond

Seaman

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br /> <br />JB, that's a chop-top Pontiac Sunbird.<br />
Now that's REAL embarassing! You shouldn't even joke around like that!<br /><br />
<br />Can't be all that great on the track Jeff, looks like you backed into those pylons.<br />Pylons can't be that hard to outrun and a little less reverse gear will get you closer to the checkered flag. :p
Cone dodging just keeps me warmed up for these days of real racing ;) <br />
26171226-a835-02000180-.jpg
<br />
26171242-ce54-02000180-.jpg

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

James,<br /> Looks like we both have expensive hobbies, eh? I put a deposit down on a 2002 Mirada MX-3 Weekender today and it has 0 hours. I know the company is out of business but I'm pretty mechanically inclined (you'll see my car engine that I'll post up that I did myself and you'll see why I say "mechanically inclined").<br /><br /> Anyway, here is a picture of the new boat that I'm hoping to take delivery of:<br /><br /> Here is a picture of the boat <br /><br /> Here is a picture of the engine in my mustang that I built <br /><br /> the engine would do no good without a car, right? LOL <br /><br />Cheers,<br /> Tim

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Hey James,<br /><br />How's the SCUBA diving coming along?<br /><br />Chris..........