Hey! Did you see that?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did you see the media coverage of the thousands of people in the Red Cross, Salvation Army and FEMA and what they did before, during and after Katrina to prevent more people from being marooned and killed?<br /><br />What about the other relief agencies and churches all over the south who prepared to take in and care for refugees before the storm?<br /><br />What about the thousands of private citizens who showed up to help and were kept out for their own safety. . . so they wouldn't be shot?<br /><br />Hmmmm. Didn't think so. All you saw was whining and complaining about the Guv'ment not being fully prepared to deal with a once-in-500-years event and reacting instantly.<br /><br />That's all you are going to see, and further proof that it is all GWB's fault.<br /><br />Sheesh! :mad: <br /><br />End of rant.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Hey! Did you see that?

Spin Doctor's are in their glory! <br /><br />The media is making ton's of money on this.<br /><br />Thankfully it does only happen once per 500 years and we should write this down for 2505!<br /><br />Your ranting is valid.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Yep JB I was told they dont want volunteers due to the fact they would be hurt or killed by the thugs that have been running things down there. Maybe next week or the one after. At least until the N. gaurd takes care of business. Im sure there will be plenty of people crying that the N. gaurd are too heavy handed and thier performance will be said to fail due to what they will have to do to control these animals.

bubbakat

Captain

We were asked today to prepare two squad cars and camping equipment and four officers to go to La.<br /> They were asked to stay for 4 to 6 weeks.<br />Seems like home land security is going to foot the bill.<br />As of right now I don't know what decision has been made but you bet our sheriff will help if he can.<br />We also are suppose to receive a thousand refugees in about two days.<br /><br />But you are right JB stuff like that doesn't make the news.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

JB, the older you get, the wiser you seem to get. :p :D You are absolutely right. The news media just zeros in on those who perpetually think that it's always someone elses fault. Even the Mayor of NO is whining that someone else is not taking care of his problem. Whadya think Rudy would have been doing in his same shoes?

flashback

Captain

now I know why we have the same last name!!! :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by flashback:<br /> now I know why we have the same last name!!! :D :D
Who, what, where?

Homerr

Commander

Same 'ol thing here too...<br /><br />On our local news, we have a local family B!tching to our Govenuh about how their family is stuck down there IN A DRY HOTEL... wanting him to help get them out.<br /><br />Say wha? At least they aren't OUTSIDE, HUNGRY, or worse... DEAD!<br /><br />And you are dead on JB.. If it Bleeds, it reads... the media's motto. Just like Iraq.. we'll never hear about the good we've done.<br /><br />I say shoot every one of the looters that isn't carrying food or blankets, and ANYONE carrying a gun. PERIOD.<br /><br /> :mad: <br /><br />H.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

J.B. Cornwalace

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have been wanting to keep up with the news about happenings in N.O., but I have seen the same people rescued at least 50 times. Seems to me that if the authorities would keep the rescued people from coming back and getting back on those roofs the coast guard wouldn't have to keep rescuing them.....<br /><br />How long does it take to mobilize, gather relief supplies, and drive from Kentucky to N.O.?<br /><br />The people on CNN, MSNBC, FOX seem to have absolutely no idea as to what is involved in gathering and positioning a relief effort as large as this one. <br /><br />I have stopped watching the news on TV. My blood pressure can't handle the stupidity.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Well now, let me see.... <br /><br />When I watch the news, I watch the local-yokal news.. None of the major network stuff...<br /><br />Tonite's local news went something like...<br /><br />New Orleans.. Incase ya did'nt know, is still floded..<br /><br />Chruch charters a plane and has been flying in relief supplies to Katrina victims @ 7000 lbs. of supplies per flight....<br /><br />Local Beer distributor donates $25,000 to relief effort...<br /><br />Last nights Channel 5 marathon raised over $500,000 for the red cross.....<br /><br />PBC law enforcement sending supplies and volunteer man-power to help in relief effort...<br /><br />Governor proposes to lift the state's tax on gas, like last year after the 4 hurricanes hit Florida... (hopefully we'll get approval for it)<br /><br />It is my opinion that Ya'll are just a bunch of pessimists looking for the bad stuff.... :eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's good news, Snapper. Kudos to your local media for covering it.<br /><br />The same sort of thing has been and is happening all over the south. Local DFW media have covered a bit of it, too. (That's how I knew about it) Too bad the national media don't know about it.<br /><br />Careful, there, PJC. I am sensitive about ridicule, mispronunciation and misspelling of my name. That's why I dropped it from my handle.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

The national media is predictable in that had this happened on Clinton's watch, they would have aired interviews of people who had positive things to say, and they themsleves would have heaped praise and adoration upon him...but since there's a man in the White House who does not endorse collectivism, they'll pass up not a single opportunity to besmirch him.<br /><br />I guess the phrase of the day should be "It's the media, stupid!"

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Thought I was the only one to notice that.<br /><br />Watching CNN, amazing how many times per hour they manage to squeeze in the words "who's to blame" or "not the time to point fingers.....but".

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> Thought I was the only one to notice that.<br /><br />Watching CNN, amazing how many times per hour they manage to squeeze in the words "who's to blame" or "not the time to point fingers.....but".
You are quite correct, CNN, FOX, and MSNBC are being terribly irresponsible in their editorialized reporting.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Make any of you wonder about the Iraq coverage or the Abu Grab, or club gitmo coverage? Why call it news, just call it blame central. <br /><br />Snapper glad to hear your local news is reporting the actions of those who are trying to make a difference rather than manipulating the future political landscape directed by the uninformed.

Ralph 123

Captain

Amen JB! I just heard Tucker Carlson ask why the ref lief workers weren't in the city BEFORE the storm. You read right BEFORE the storm! I guess he wanted all the equipment destroyed and the rescuers to become refugees too! What an idiot.<br /><br />Then one of the local congressmen blamed the Army Corp of Engineers for this. They didn't fill the breach in the levy instantaneously... WTF?<br /><br />What has happened to the America I grew up in and loved so much? I wich there was a new land I could sail off too...