Hexatoon vs. Pontoon

Crappie Jalopy

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought a 95 Ercoa 23' Tri- Hexatoons . Looks space age compared to a round toon. The Hexatoon is (28') dia.
Anybody have any experience or reviews of the Hexatoon?
The company brochure says it's (30%) larger and with a flat bottom, more buoyancy compared to a (19") dia. round toon.
Repairing minor things. The 3.0 Mercuriser is excellent.
In the water in (3) weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Hexatoon.jpg
    Hexatoon.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 6

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Whatever floats your boat... lol Obviously regardless how the "toons" are shaped, they will work because it is the water displacement that floats the boat. I never seen one before, but looks interesting... JMHO

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
toon maker owns a break press vs a set of rolls......result is still the same as GM pointed out.

shape of logs doesnt mean much, only the displacement.

ahicks

Captain
Whatever floats your boat... lol Obviously regardless how the "toons" are shaped, they will work because it is the water displacement that floats the boat. I never seen one before, but looks interesting... JMHO
From where I'm sitting, I can see a potential big advantage regarding the flat bottoms of these 'toons. Instead of the extra weight, drag, and expense of "lifting strakes" These flat bottom 'toons would clearly have much the same effect - WAY more efficiently! On paper anyway.....

Congrats on the new boat! -Al