Hero

FLATHEAD

Captain
Wife had a good shake up this evening. She took our dog for a walk up the road a bit at an equestrian campground, this area is pretty remote on the edge of a 3000 acre chunk of the county park. There is a nice gravel walking path here on the edge of the woods. A good place to let the dog run without a leash,and not be a pain in the azz to other people ( She loves everyone) So anyhow they are gone for two hours, I am starting to wonder where they are. Wife comes in the house crying uncontrollably, dog in tow. Turns out she left her car in the lot where she normally parks it, never locks it and hides the key under the rear mat (SUV). She walks down the path and spots something in the woods moving out of the corner of her eye, then a guy pops out of the woods in front of her on the path, then goes right back into the woods. She and daisy turn around and head straight back to the car, as they get to the lot there stands this guy about 40 yards form the car with his hood up over his head hiding his face, Kim goes to get in the car and it is LOCKED!! This guy starts to run toward Kim and daisy when that six and a half month old pup let out a series of barks and growls that would make your hair stand on end. This dog has never barked at a stranger in anger ever. !!!She knew!! I truly know she saved Kim's hide. The guy took off running. So they walk about five miles to the house and get me, we head back to get the car,, which I figure would be gone but it was there and the key's were on the console,, weird!! A full report has been filed. <br /><br />I'll tell ya what,, I don't care if that dog ever retrieves one duck the rest of her life, as far as I am concerned she's earned her keep for life.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hero

Yes FH, they know. They are a lot smarter than a lot of people give them credit for.<br /><br />Good deal and glad all is well.

tylerin

Commander

Wow, Flathead glad everything turned out. Believe me Daisy will bring home the ducks too.

brother chris

Commander

So your wife knows what kind of vehicle he was at. <br />I'd be waiting in that park for that fellow to come back. Teach him a lesson.<br /><br />Although I am glad to hear that your wife is okay.

sangerwaker

Commander

Holy cow FH! That dog deserves some serious treats. Glad the wife is OK, but I'm sure she'll be a little edgy for a bit. Can't blame her. Give her a big hug and definitely buy Daisy a steak!<br /><br />There are some real weirdos out there. Be glad she had the dog with.

magster65

Commander

Sheeat! That's too close to home! Glad to hear the happy ending FH! Hope your wifey's ok!<br /><br />So puppy likes medium rare tenderloins and the martini stirred not shaken now :)

Skinnywater

Commander

The good thing is everything turned out well for your wife. And the pup got some good on the job training. <br /><br />To bad she won't be able to trust the area again.<br />Then again have her hike with the dog and a shotgun.<br /><br />BTW, since he went through the car enough to find the keys, it's possible he got a home address to FH. Keep the peepers open and one in the chamber.

aspeck

Staff member

FH, in rural PA? Must have been one of those crazies from Philly or New York - certainly not one of our own! Glad the wife made it out okay, just a little shaken, and Daisy deserves many, many treats and love! Good Dog! GOOD DOG! pat, pat, pat

Link

Rear Admiral

Wow! Glad things turned out the way they did.<br />Going to make sure Mrs.Link reads this. Same type area for her moms dog.... Give that dog another hug.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br /> The good thing is everything turned out well for your wife. And the pup got some good on the job training. <br /><br />To bad she won't be able to trust the area again.<br />Then again have her hike with the dog and a shotgun.<br /><br />BTW, since he went through the car enough to find the keys, it's possible he got a home address to FH. Keep the peepers open and one in the chamber.
Thanks guys, Daisy got to sit with me and had her favorite last night,, Popcorn. <br /><br />Skinny your exactly right, there was a couple of things in the car that had our addy on em. Puts you on edge I'll tell ya that. As far as knowing what kind of car this guy had, who knows, he was on foot. No other car in the lot where she walked.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Wonderful news that she is ok. I have often said the best home defence is a dog in the house who will bark really loud. ps, get Daisy some gourmet popcorn! ;)

one more cast

Captain

Man Flathead, whats with all the loonies lately. Lots of freaky stuff going on in upstate NY too. Glad she had the dog with her.

LadyFish

Admiral

VERY frieghtening FH. You're so lucky nothing happened to her. Your dog is indeed a hero. I'm just glad they heeded his warnings. If they hadn't who knows what might have happened.<br /><br />Thank God she came out of this without incident. :)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Thank "GOD your wife had no harm done to her!!! To many crack pots out there!!! It's ashame that you have to carry a weapon to go for a walk now a days!!!!<br /><br />I always try to teach the wife and daughter differant scenarios of being in an area such as mall parking lots and walking alone!!!! ;) :cool:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Glad to hear it all worked out for the best><br /><br />Get pro-active! Get a keyless entry system for the car and your wife can carry the remote. If Pepper Spray is legal in the area, get her a decent size can. I would get her the same size that law enforcement carry... do not get the small key chain ones. Also consider one with a Dye marker that is incorporated in the spray.<br /><br />Be safe!<br /><br />Bob