Here's a real treat for y'all

spratt

Lieutenant
RESPOND TO EDITOR E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY FOXFAN CENTRAL <br /> <br />Will Trade Beer for Jesus<br /><br />ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) — An Australian brewing company is offering six cases of beer to anyone who returns a statue of the baby Jesus stolen from a nativity scene last week.<br /><br />The South Australian Brewing Company (search) offered the reward after thieves swiped the statue from the company's traditional nativity display earlier this week.<br /><br />Managing Director Mark Powell said security footage showed a man scaling a fence and lifting the baby Jesus from his manger.<br /><br />"We are very concerned about the well-being of baby Jesus and we are calling for his swift and safe return," Powell said.<br /><br />A reward of six cases of beer will be given to anyone who returns the statue, he said.<br /><br />"That said, you would have thought that the incentive of a guaranteed exit through the right door after purgatory would be enough of an incentive in itself," Powell said.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Here's a real treat for y'all

And while you are consuming your reward the local police will come arrest your a**. Here comes another Idiot Story :eek:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Do you mean to tell me that they allow the open display of a figurine of the baby jesus ?<br />I'm movin!!

spratt

Lieutenant

They probably figgered the thief was already awash in the ale, so using it as a bait to bring him back!!!

Link

Rear Admiral

Hehe<br />Nope.. not going to go there.<br />But I do know someone when they were a kid (17)and had 3 grand invested in the payload of a small aircraft leaving Mexico and landing in Oregon somewhere, got so PO'd when the Feds shot the motor and forced it down somewhere else in Oregon that they started to call the Police! :eek: <br />That person smoked back in 1969 but not cigarettes! :D :D :D

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Three cross-state young men went to the local police station after an incident with a man with a gun. The following aren't really quotes, but they relay the jist...<br /><br />Stoners "Hey, man. We wanna report that this guy waved a gun in our face and told us that we had to leave the money."<br /><br />Police "You had to Leave the money."<br /><br />Stoners "Yeah, man. Then we asked him about the drugs and he said we had to leave that too."<br /><br />Police "I see. So basically what you're saying is that you were robbed at gunpoint? Where is this man now?"<br /><br />Stoners "He's at home, man. He lives here in town. I wouldn't go over there, man. He's violent."<br /><br />Needless to say, all four were arrested. :D <br /><br />But I digress. Anyone that steals from a church gets an elevator ride straight to hell. This wasn't a church. But hey, close enough. I don't think God lets people off on technicalities. ;) <br /><br />There was a story some years back about a small pine tree cut from a graveyard just before Christmas. No huge deal except that it was planted by the deceased's grandchildren and they were really bummed about it because he was really sick for a long time (stroke) and they always decorated Grandpa's Christmas tree for him (snif). It was all over the local media and a real tear-jerker. Turns out I knew the guy. :eek: Nice guy. Friend of a friend. Harmless, dirt poor with a new wife and baby, and no money for food let alone a Christmas tree. He felt REAL bad about it. I think his remorse might help keep the elevator doors closed ... this time. Not getting off on a technicality, though. Call it Mercy. :)