Here goes those gas prices again

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class
Here comes Rita and with it probably higher gas prices im sure .Whats the current price of regular gas in your area? Eastern Shore of Maryland $2.89+/-

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Here goes those gas prices again

BP & Shell have posted profits in the area of 20 billion. England, France and Austria have threatened massive tax hikes (for the oil companies) if fuel costs don't drop SOON. In Europe, it's beginning to work.

ZmOz

Captain

Still $2.74 here, where they've been since the day after Katrina. Blatant gouging, and nothing more... :rolleyes:

magster65

Commander

They haven't dropped any up here either. We're still at $1.15 a liter for regular. Kinda' ticks me off but I 'need' it... and they got it! I could sell my petroleum powered vehicles but then what would I do? Those scoundrels :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I paid 2.78 yesterday, 87 octane unleaded, down from 2.999 day after Katrina<br /><br />interesting facts:<br /><br />aug 03<br />US avg $/gal = 1.63<br />oil $/gal = .78<br />difference = .85 (refining + transportation + taxes + profit)<br /><br />aug 04<br />US avg $/gal = 1.90<br />oil $/gal = 1.18<br />difference = .72<br /><br />may 05<br />US avg $/gal = 2.22<br />oil $/gal = 1.23<br />difference = .97<br /><br />today<br />reddog $/gal = 2.89<br />oil $/gal = 1.58<br />difference = 1.31

gonfishn

Commander

Gas is down 2.48 and dropping here in Ohio

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Paid 2.43.9 yesterday in minni. We get most of our gas from Canada but still shot up to 3.00 a gallon after Katrina. State AG looking into it.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

It jumped up to $3.39 +/-(highest I saw $3.55) after Katrina .Ironicly we(Maryland) always have below average prices( US average). <br />After Katrina we had the 3 rd highest and Delaware was 2nd even though we have a large refinery near by and not a heavy population.<br />.<br />Katrina seems to have raised prices more the further you get from the Gulf. <br />I smell a rat!

Homerr

Commander

3.00 here<br /><br />I think I will buy some stock in vaseline. :eek: <br /><br /><br />H.

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

3.19 after Katrina<br /><br />2.69 today

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

they are talking possibly 5 dollars a gallon next week. seems this next wind storm may disrupth refining capeabilities again.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Around $2.85 today. Saw on the news it could go as high at $4.00 after Rita. :rolleyes: <br /><br />A self fulfilling prophecy I think. Gotta love the media.

fireman57

Captain

Homerr don't buy stock in vaseline. They ain't using any. Can't you feel it?

Ron G

Commander

:) lol,( gas 2.59 at one place the rest 2.69

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by fireman57:<br /> Homerr don't buy stock in vaseline. They ain't using any. Can't you feel it?
:eek: ouch! I see what you mean!

txswinner

Banned

We have over 10,000 folks coming in from Houston, here in College Station Texas. Today several of the gas stores have raised the prices from 2.59 to 2.99. Real nice guys. Guess must have been a shortage over night.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

They raise their prices in anticipation on thier next delivery.<br /><br />I have seen between 2.99 and 2.46 on my trip from Houston.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

a "spokesman for the company" (I forget which oil co. it was) was quoted on the radio this morning as saying some retailers might be increasing their prices to "conserve inventory." <br /><br />did you laugh out loud? I did when I heard 'em say it. "conserve inventory" un-be-free-king-lievable!<br /><br />Hey Ken, where you at?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Went out a while ago. Gas was up 10¢ since this AM. Convenient store mgr. said up another 30¢ tonight.

txswinner

Banned

And this is totally bs. The refiners in Jefferson county are shut down for the storm but the storage stock is full and it will take weeks to use it up. they will be up and running to refill before we use it up.<br /><br />If you don't believe me contact some of the OCAW boys in the labs at the plants and ask them about the supply.