herculiner anyone

hey guys im new so glad i found this forum alot of useful info on here i have a 1987 blue fin sportsman that im doing a total resto on just wondering if anyone has thought about using this stuff to seal the deck before supossed to be water proof non skid uv resistant very durable and comes in a couple diff colors very tough stuff only 40 dollars a gallon i was thinking of doing a couple coats on all the wood on the consoles and decking if any one has used it before your knowledge would be very helpful thanks guys

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: herculiner anyone

Welcome to iboats.

Well if you want to use it on your wood deck ...okay but..... I would advise not to bother with the aluminum surfaces. We have had too many nightmares of it separating from the aluminum, creates massive future repair problems and is best used in your truck and not a marine environment.

Read the posts from the links here http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=288451 and take a look at what other aluminum people have done (see the Starcraft post).

The herculiner is HOT and there are other paints, carpet and deck treatments you can use.

tboydva

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: herculiner anyone

I tried herculiner, but didn't like the way it went on (and didn't like the big chunks of rubber in it). I ended up using a product called Grizzly Grip. Went on very thick and it's been extremely tough (no peeling or cracking). I primed my aluminum floor, then scuffed it up before application. It's been rock-solid for me.