HELP your thoughts '88 Mirrocraft 20' Cuddy 115 Suzuki VRO and 9.9 Yamaha 4s Kicker?

59Thompson

Seaman
All, Have been lurking for sometime, learning from the masters and been watching for a bottom feeder short OB Chieftain or Islander to fix or a turn key I might be able to afford. Of course just got my furlough notice this week.... last kid still in college, wood boat isn't finished But.....ran across the above on-line, pics look good, spoke to dealer and sounds like a turn key. I would want to use this on Lake Erie, normally keep in an adjacent river marina. Being a riveted tin OB with kicker seems smart for most deck space, light weight and get home security, the VRO avoids oil mixing, the cuddy gives the admiral a shady spot to nap or take care of business and 20' is still trailerable with our minivan and dropping the windshield would let it fit in a garage. Having said all that, what do you guys know about the Mirrocraft brand, the Suzuki 2s oil injection, Yamaha with electric start, etc. Has color GPS/fishfinder, linked motor steering, kicker remote controls, new prop, good full canvas and nice heavy duty single axle trailer. Has built in 43 gallon fuel tank and five gallon aerated live well. It really seems like a great deal but would like your opinions.

barato2

Commander
Re: HELP your thoughts '88 Mirrocraft 20' Cuddy 115 Suzuki VRO and 9.9 Yamaha 4s Kick

da silence is deafening...............so the fool wll dive in where the angels fear to tread.

how much $ you talkin for the rig? i will confess a bias against Mirrocrafts, based on the experience of one of our crowd here, who bought a Mirrocraft and when he gutted it for the resto, found that the poured in foam was much of the hull stiffening (ie, not much in the line of ribs n stringers). run a search in this forum for Mirrocraft. hope i'm not misrembering the brand.

59Thompson

Seaman
Re: HELP your thoughts '88 Mirrocraft 20' Cuddy 115 Suzuki VRO and 9.9 Yamaha 4s Kick

Thanks for the advice I will check it out. Great job on your restore, you have some good ideas especially for safety on the big water. $3,600 was the advertised price. Moot for now though, I got an '88 brochure from the company and when I figure the gross weight of boat, motors, trailer, fuel, 2 batteries and usual "stuff" it is borderline for our 03 Caravan V-6. We will be replacing it this fall so I'm back to looking for a bottom feeder 18' OB Chieftain or Islander. I spoke with seller today and he is going to run it this year as a walleye boat so it might be available again this fall. Of course that's when tuition starts again for my youngest....

da silence is deafening...............so the fool wll dive in where the angels fear to tread.

how much $ you talkin for the rig? i will confess a bias against Mirrocrafts, based on the experience of one of our crowd here, who bought a Mirrocraft and when he gutted it for the resto, found that the poured in foam was much of the hull stiffening (ie, not much in the line of ribs n stringers). run a search in this forum for Mirrocraft. hope i'm not misrembering the brand.