help with identifying year on fleetwin

xirocrtx

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
59
the # on it was 7518 25105 any help would be greatly appreciated. this is a hand me down that my grandfather bought new. we just dont know what year. my dad is guessing a 57 but he's not sure.
 

CATransplant

Admiral
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
6,319
Re: help with identifying year on fleetwin

You have a 1955 Evinrude, there. 24:1 fuel:eek:il ratio. You can ask any questions you may have for that outboard here. There are several folks here who have them.
 

xirocrtx

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
59
Re: help with identifying year on fleetwin

I think it is a 50:1 ratio could you double check?, Thanks for identifying the year though, that might be good to know.
 

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
Messages
8,902
Re: help with identifying year on fleetwin

Absolutely NOT on the 50:1. I have the identical motor and I run it at 24:1 using modern TCW3 rated oil. Original oil ratios of 16:1 were based on using 30 wt. automotive oil...
- Scott
 
Top