Help with fuel tank

Saltlife76

Recruit
Hello all, first time here. I have a 2001 Wellcraft 160. While doing a floor replacement notice my poly fuel tank was in really bad shape and also needed a replacement. I couldn’t find the same exact one, went to a boatyard in Miami and bought a 2017 aluminum tank (same measurement) that was removed of a Boston Whaler, but this of course is a new style tank (EPA Approved) I have two questions, will this tank work same way as the old one? Is there anything I need to know? Also, the pickuo line in this tank is not a nipple that you can connect a hose, It look like a quick connect fitting, I was told in the boatyard before buying, that is a fuel demand valve and that I can get it anywhere. Well I Bought the tank and now I’m very confused, Im not sure if this is a Boston Whaler specific fitting or universal fitting. Wanted to ask before start throwing money out there. Here is a picture of the pickup line/fitting.

Attachments

• A8F685C9-C8BF-43D5-8135-E4F9AC35ACA2.jpeg
    A8F685C9-C8BF-43D5-8135-E4F9AC35ACA2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If I may suggest doing a search to see what type of connections Boston Whaler used. The good thing is that you have a year to refine your search, and if you know that capacity, it should help further.
Hopefully, you can find something to see what possible changes or modifications you may need to do.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hello all, first time here. I have a 2001 Wellcraft 160. While doing a floor replacement notice my poly fuel tank was in really bad shape and also needed a replacement. I couldn’t find the same exact one, went to a boatyard in Miami and bought a 2017 aluminum tank (same measurement) that was removed of a Boston Whaler, but this of course is a new style tank (EPA Approved) I have two questions, will this tank work same way as the old one? Is there anything I need to know? Also, the pickuo line in this tank is not a nipple that you can connect a hose, It look like a quick connect fitting, I was told in the boatyard before buying, that is a fuel demand valve and that I can get it anywhere. Well I Bought the tank and now I’m very confused, Im not sure if this is a Boston Whaler specific fitting or universal fitting. Wanted to ask before start throwing money out there. Here is a picture of the pickup line/fitting.

Saltlife76

Recruit
After doing some research that valve wont work for me. My tank has the thing (not sure how to called) welded to the tank. Whatever goes in there, it must be something like quick connect fitting. There are many valve/fittings out there but not sure which of one is the one for this tank.