Help with electrical problem on Tracker boat

attysharris

Recruit
I own a 2010 Pro 16 Bass Tracker fishing boat. I am having an electrical problem. My aerator, bilge, lights, nor my fishfinder have power. I replaced my inline fuse, located just off the battery, and my trolling motor and engine work great. I know it either is a disconnected wire or fuse or circuit breaker problem, but my owner's manual doesn't show me the location of these items. Does anyone have any experience in this matter or do I need to go to a local mechanic? Any help would be appreciated.

agallant80

Commander
Re: Help with electrical problem on Tracker boat

I would suspect you have a bad ground some place.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats.

I agree, probably a ground issue, but could also be a power supply issue.

Your fuse panel is likely under the dash.
Your main positive feed will be coming from the battery, to a fuse panel.
And the negative ground wire is also attached to the fuse panel.
One of these 2 wires has probably vibrated loose.

Get under there with a flashlight and a camera and check for loose wires.
And snap a few pictures and post them here if you can't figure it out.

attysharris

Recruit

:) Thanks for the help. I found a bar that had only one wire going to it. It didn't look right, but I'll remove the console and check it all out and take pics if I can.

agallant80

Commander

Just as an FYI electric on a boat is very very strange at times. I was having an issue where I would turn on my nav lights and all of the gauges would peg out (fuel would peg at full, tac would peg at 7000, battery would peg at 16v) turned out to be a ground that I forgot to connect when I put the batteries back in. I still don't understand how nav lights and my gauges could be related but some how they are related through that ground I did not connect.

attysharris

Recruit

:eek:

Just as an FYI electric on a boat is very very strange at times. I was having an issue where I would turn on my nav lights and all of the gauges would peg out (fuel would peg at full, tac would peg at 7000, battery would peg at 16v) turned out to be a ground that I forgot to connect when I put the batteries back in. I still don't understand how nav lights and my gauges could be related but some how they are related through that ground I did not connect.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

:) Thanks for the help. I found a bar that had only one wire going to it. It didn't look right, but I'll remove the console and check it all out and take pics if I can.

You shouldn't have to remove the console.
Just remove the seat, then lay on your back and look up under the console.
Fuse block, gauge wiring , and switches should all be visible.

jhebert

Ensign

I still don't understand how nav lights and my gauges could be related...

The cold filaments of the lamps were probably acting as a path to the negative circuit. If you would like to see a diagram showing how the current flows in a situation like this, see

E-TEC Rigging; Trim Gauge - Moderated Discussion Areas

I encountered a similar situation when a ground was missing for a gauge which had a dial illumination lamp.