Help! Stuck Line cutter collar

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was changing the zinc rings on my drive, got the prop off, managed to break the line cutter and now it left the collar from the line cutter on the propeller shaft. It looks like it should just slide off. It only slides a little bit but i cant get it off. Seems like it hanging up on something. Do i have to remove the bearing cover to get it off. The line cutter is Volvo pn 839534. Im lost here.

The drive is a Volvo Penta AQ270

Any ideas

Thanks in advance...

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Help! Stuck Line cutter collar

I was changing the zinc rings on my drive, got the prop off, managed to break the line cutter and now it left the collar from the line cutter on the propeller shaft. It looks like it should just slide off. It only slides a little bit but i cant get it off. Seems like it hanging up on something. Do i have to remove the bearing cover to get it off. The line cutter is Volvo pn 839534. Im lost here.

The drive is a Volvo Penta AQ270

Any ideas

Thanks in advance...
No you should not need to remove the bearing cover, yes it should just slide off, Just be becareful not to cut your self on it, Try some WD-40 and just work it off, Some times it just gets A build up of junk around it that wants to hold it on there from lack of grease on the shaft is all, If that dose not work you could try a little heat to it in that area, And dig it out a little. Keep working at it you will get it. Good luck:)

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help! Stuck Line cutter collar

No you should not need to remove the bearing cover, yes it should just slide off, Just be becareful not to cut your self on it, Try some WD-40 and just work it off, Some times it just gets A build up of junk around it that wants to hold it on there from lack of grease on the shaft is all, If that dose not work you could try a little heat to it in that area, And dig it out a little. Keep working at it you will get it. Good luck:)

I'll give it a shot. I tried a little bit of heat but no luck about ready to take the grinder to it and cut it out, dont want to damage the shaft thats why i havent and havent put much force on it yet either. It does move a little bit but doesnt seem to want to come off, like somethings locking it on.