Help removing windscreen!Nobody can help?

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello folks,<br /><br />I want to remove the window off my fletcher but... The windscreen is bolted down but it's all rusty. I tried to removed one bolt but this one brake off. This i what i would do: Cut all the bolts of break them off. Than you can take the windscreem off i guess. The problem is how to reinstall the windscreen? I thought when you take out the glass you have some space to fit new bolts or to rivet or screw the window down and build it up together with the glass and frame. Is this possible? WIll there be space to do this. How are these bolts fitted in the frame? Does somebody know this? <br />
x1poKKs0nDau6Jc3vuru5ziGzUP3OZ5TUIGOhFhIbubSpYCRfrdh5LrH9dETzLov60LAgvvgoB53y1dt48AnQ85XmSIqpjnjmHKlc0N4215hY97e69xzJ9zv9CWOiaYEKsPpqG8jIH5e9G04uhZULGDSg

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help removing windscreen!Nobody can help?

The windscreen on my SeaRay has a frame under the glass panels, which is filled with some semi-soft rubber sponge material. Under this stuff are the screws used to mount the frame to the hull. If you have a similar area, you may want to check it for a similar use.

Bondo

Staff member

The Screws are fitted into a channel in the lower piece of window trim,.......<br /><br />Just Bust them off,+ look,.........<br /><br />Last time I was doing this, I ended up making my own screws by grinding the heads to a "T" shape.......

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thx, the windscreen is removed. Nice design from fletcher. You can take the windscreen apart in 3piecers. The sides fit in the front frame. There's a slide and when you remove two bolts at the top you van pull the sides up and remove them. Ist are just bolts have to put some new in, now stainless steel i think.

Bondo

Staff member

Nice design from fletcher.
Every Flat glass windshield I've Ever seen is put together that way................<br /><br />Good Luck......