Help pricing grandpas boat

Pusher

Lieutenant
My wife's grandpa is starting to get dimenesia, which mixed with his friends moving away has left him with a boat he's not comfortable taking out anymore.

He's planning on selling it out of Pendleton Oregon and was hopeful for $4,900... I'm skeptical but didn't have the heart to say so.

It's a 1988 Mirrorcraft on a galvanized trailer
1987 60hp 4stroke Mercury OB that looks brand new
2000 5hp 4 stroke Mercury OB that matches and looks brand new
Steering rod beteen motors
Seperate controls for kicker motor.
Hull canvas enclosure made in 2001.

Some extras that won't matter are
Anchor
Bumpers
Fishons
two lake trolling downriggers
Backup paddles
Tire jack
Grease gun
2 fire extinguishers
2 Dock hooks

Here's some pics to help.
I hope this doesn't come across as a for sale ad, just wanted an idea from the tinnies ;-)

image_253987.jpg image_253988.jpg image_253989.jpg image_253990.jpg image_253991.jpg

Pusher

Lieutenant
Please hold while I log in to the desktop to fullsize those

roffey

Commander
I think the set up looks great and I don't think tin boats drop in value like fiberglass boats do. I'm from Canada and boats are more expensive here so keep that in mind. Assuming everything works and has been maintained as well as it looks to have been I don't think $4,900 is unreasonable. Its getting near the top but for that boat, motor(s) and trailer I think you will be pleasantly surprised...

Pusher

Lieutenant
Not that tge buyers will put any weught on it, but he's kept it garaged since he bought it in 2001.

Oh and 16 foot

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I think that's a reasonable price. With that being said an items value is only worth what people are willing to pay.

Pusher

Lieutenant
The 60 is not a 4 stroke, it's a 2 stroke.

Are you certain? His original manual said fourstroke and he runs both motors off the same fuel tank. I've never run with him, just asked the questions yesterday.

Thanks guys!

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It is a 2 stroke, the oil for the injector goes in that cap, so the motors would run off the same tank.

I also think it is newer than 1987, can you post the serial number?

If the floors are solid and the seats and carpet are decent, that is a reasonable price for that boat. I would not turn down a $4300 offer on it though.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Are you certain? His original manual said fourstroke and he runs both motors off the same fuel tank. I've never run with him, just asked the questions yesterday.

Thanks guys!

The manual shouldnt say that, Merc didnt make any 4 strokes that far back.

thumpar

Admiral
I am not far from there so the pricing would be close to what it is here in Spokane. The price would be about right in the late spring but people are looking for deals right now. If you can hold on to it for a few months I think you could an offer pretty close to that.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I am not far from there so the pricing would be close to what it is here in Spokane. The price would be about right in the late spring but people are looking for deals right now. If you can hold on to it for a few months I think you could an offer pretty close to that.

I think he's okay waiting so I think that will be the plan.

Thanks for clarifying the motor issue guys. I thought the motor looked too nice for 80's but he was reading receipts and saying 80's. Maybe I heard 97 and changed it up in my head... Wouldn't be the first time. I'll email him.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Definitely a 2 stroke merc.As said earlier that cap on top of the motor is where the injector oil goes.