Help please

shaun21gb

Recruit
Hi All , my first post asking for help.
The last owner tried to get the tilt/trim motor to work on my boat which i forgot to tell me , it is a Chrysler 75 -3cyl 2 stroke and he had not used the boat in about 4 yrs.
It had been sitting in his garage unloved not cared for and the day before he tried to use the tilt motor to raise the motor but forgot that the locking pin was in place on the back of the outboard and so the problem starts.
He set about trying to fix the problem he guessed the oil was to low and this is the problem , so he could not find a fill hole to check the fluid level in the tilt motor.
So he removed the 2 screws on top of the tilt motor which caused the brushes come come out of the housing ( but he got them back in ) but the major problem was that there are 2 wires in side the cap and both of them should be soldiered to the top plate but not now and he had no idea where they fit to.
So i need help with where do the 2 wires fit to inside the cap??
Any help with this problem would be most helpful thank you all in advance.
Shaun
​​​​​​​

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Well it seems that no one has a response yet.
Firstly, Welcome to I Boats.
After 3 posts you can post pictures, see the tutorial at the top of these forums.
The posts don't have to be anything specific, but a model and serial number will help a lot.
With the pics of the trim motor, and the broken wires, it's possible we can figure out where they go, or lead you to a good manual.
Keep Rowing, we want to help!

shaun21gb

Recruit
First thank you, the trim motor has 2 wires coming to were the brushes are in the top of the motor.
On the one side you have a set of looks like point's with 1 wire soldiered to the plate by that.
On the other side is the other brush that had a black wire that had come off from somewhere by the other brush and he had no idea where it come from.
So he just stick it back in side and screwed the top and and didn't say anything till after i got home and was trying every out and when i called him up he said he had forgot about that but meant to tell me about it .
So now im buggered and as this is my first ever boat and have not dealt with anything like this before: HELP
Thank
Shaun

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
One more post then you can post pics, and please get us the model and serial number.

shaun21gb

Recruit
the tilt motor is off a Chrsler 75 model number for the engine 757HB.1975 2 stroke 3 cyl

shaun21gb

Recruit
And as for the model number this thing has some many layers of paint i would not know where to look for the model of the serial number . if i can now post pictures would you be able to tell from photo's??

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Right now I'm away from my computer. Sometime maybe tomorrow I can look up some stuff.

shaun21gb

Recruit
OK not a problem , i will try and wire wheel the paint off to see if i can find a serial number or anything that may help .

But thank you for your help so far