Help Please, What year is this Mariner 150 V6

aztecrich

Cadet
I am looking at a 150 V6 Mariner that i might get for the right price, Can't seem to find out what year it was built.
The only number on the plate is the serial number.
Please help if you can.

Old men just want to go fishing

Retired widower seeks retired widow with boat and motor,Please send pictures of boat and motor

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help Please, What year is this Mariner 150 V6

That serial number places it in the 1980-81 range,if so this will have the trim pump mounted in the boat with 2 trim hose going to a single trim cylinder.

aztecrich

Cadet

That serial number places it in the 1980-81 range,if so this will have the trim pump mounted in the boat with 2 trim hose going to a single trim cylinder.

Thanks Bullet, Ill check that when i go see it again, The only chart I find shows it as a 1979-1980 175m the hood says 150 on it but i used to have a 175 hood on a 225, lol

aztecrich

Cadet

Thanks, actually this has two cylinders but the pump is in the boat

Old men just want to go fishing

Retired widower seeks retired widow with boat and motor, Please sends pictures of boat and motor

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Ouch, that a 77 or 78 midsection and if original the mounting bolts are hollow and feed the trim cylinders. Also Mariner was not made in this year so someone has painted it gray and added Mariner cowling.If also original it will have butterfly choke system. My suggestion.....walk away.