Help please on prop

Hursty46

Cadet
Hi there i am new to this Forum, I have a Fletcher arrowbeau mercruiser 3.7L 165HP alpha one leg with a stainless steal prop on it this is were i need ur help please Right its a 3 blade prop but its got little blades of each big blade so i would say its 6 blades in total its massive i would like to no please is this for excelerating or Top speed? many thanks Hursty46:)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Help please on prop

umm..... huh???? I read that a few times.... either you have some kind of exotic prop I haven't seen or well.... I dunno.... I'd say a pic might be more helpfull than a 6 bladed 3 blade prop

TFHTECH

Seaman Apprentice

????/??/?/////? well id like to c it post pic please

Hursty46

Cadet

Hello TFHTECH,smokeonthewater thanks for the reply ive added a pic of my prop to the forum if you look on each blade there is another little blade on them hope this helps Thanks alot hursty46 Hope :)

Attachments

• PROP.JPG
    PROP.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 0

Hursty46

Cadet

Hello again ive had a look at my prop today this is what it says on it IC Quick Silver 48823510A23 23P thats what it says on the Prop hope some one can help me with this many thanks Hursty46:)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

that's a heck of a prop.... I'm sure it has some sort of purpose but heck if I know what.... It looks like it might be variable of otherwise adjustable.... I don't see any way your exhaust could come through the hub....
My guess is that it's an old sales gimmick but I dunno it coould be the next best thing to scrambled eggs....... Either way it's neat as heck..... I'm stealing your pic:cool:

Hursty46

Cadet

thanks for reply and ye av my pic my boat shifts with it on pins you to the seats when on the plane i just want to no what its top speed is

Hursty46

Cadet

:)just a follow up ive found out some new info on my prop they didnt make many of them they do adjust when on the move say when setting of they go from a 20 inch prop to its maxime 23P also you can adjust it by hand,Been told with this on my boat and engine ive got it should be toping out about 60MPH thanks to you guys for all ur help :)