Help needed - Boat identifikation

Jan Meier

Recruit
Hello,

I bought a "Boston Whaler" beginning of the season and found out that it somehow is no Whaler. I made a deal with the seller and kept the boat but have no idea what brand it is. Maybe somebody can give me some idea about the maker.
Guess it was built in the eighties.
Anyway the boat is fun to ride, I keep it going with a Mercury 50 HP @ 28 knots in smooth conditions. It is 4.7 X 1.8 meters.

Thanks to the forum
IMG_1424.JPG
Regards

Jan

kawakx125

Seaman
Re: Help needed - Boat identifikation

if i'm not mistaken, the HIN should be on the transom somewhere. mine for example, is not a plate, but rather ''cast'' into the transom on the outside right near the drive.

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

What leads you to believe that it's not a Whaler?

southkogs

Staff member

What leads you to believe that it's not a Whaler?
Front end looks like a Whaler, but I agree with the OP the stern isn't quite right.

Judging from the sign in the background ... you're not in the States :) What area are you in? That might help figure out who else made that type of boat in your area.

blouderback

Petty Officer 1st Class

Front end looks like a Whaler, but I agree with the OP the stern isn't quite right.

Judging from the sign in the background ... you're not in the States :) What area are you in? That might help figure out who else made that type of boat in your area.

Maybe it was one that they cut in half for the commercial and then they put it back together with another boat.