HELP:Need pic of TD-20 recoil starter assembly showing spring mounting

Wishiniwuzfishin

Chief Petty Officer
Anybody have a pic of the TD-20 recoil start assembly showing the correct mounting of the recoil spring?

I have a motor with the recoil spring not mounted and can't figure out how to mount it.

Everything looks ok, except maybe one end of the spring might be missing something but I just can't figure out how it mounts.

Thanks

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: HELP:Need pic of TD-20 recoil starter assembly showing spring mounting

There should be a loop in both ends of the spring. The outer end of the spring attaches to a pin in the housing. The inner end of the spring attaches to a pin on the hub of the rope plate. Looking down at the upside down housing, the spring coils in counter-clockwise.

If your spring lacks the loop on either end, it will need to be replaced.

Wishiniwuzfishin

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for that info.

Yep. Mines missing the loop on one end. Guess thats why it wasn't mounted.

I still don't see the mounting pins though. I'm wondering if they are broke off too?

I see one spot that looks like the pin might be broke off (the one on the housing itself)

And there is a hole in the "pulley" that holds the rope. Is that where the other pin should be maybe?

Sorry I'd post a pic but unable to right now due to camera and computer problems.

Thanks again for the help

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

And there is a hole in the "pulley" that holds the rope. Is that where the other pin should be maybe?

No, the pin would be on the underside of the pulley, right near the hub hole.