help moor pontoon

shananda

Recruit
Need to moor 22 foot pontoon off 20 foot free standing light weight aluminum pier. Little money or muscle. I have a 14 foot runabout that I usually place on pier. Now I want to add pontoon.

Was mooring pontoon on a heavy float. But I am 60 year old woman and on an island. I have to hire four men to move float to the mainland.
Hope to create simpler less costly anchor system off side of the pier. T hought of anchoring pier with concrete in spackle buckets, or mooring pontoon on pullout off trees. Do not want to reinvent the wheel here...
:rolleyes:Can anyone help?

quantico

Cadet
Re: help moor pontoon

I might be tempted to add a few concrete blocks to the light weight pier to give it some more mass. Not too crazy... even some five gallon buckets with some flowers would help. I would think the easy way to go and cost effective is to drop six concrete blocks about ten feet out from the dock, and make two piles of three concrete blocks... one ahead of the boat and one behind... you can tie the boat to the two piles of concrete blocks to keep the boat anchored so that it just makes it to the dock ( when pulled with a line or two ) but the chain attached to the concrete blocks pulls the boat slightly away from the dock when tied up. You can put a couple gallon jugs with a rope attached to each pile of cinder blocks to act as a bouy for the boat. One person should be able to drop and later retrieve the blocks one at a time at the beginning and end of the season ending the cost associated with more fancy floats....

XXX BLOCKS OOOOO BOAT OOOOO XXX BLOCK

_________ DOCK ______________

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: help moor pontoon

pictures of your situation would help greatly.