Help? Messed up mounting Motor Guide on bow!

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Folks,<br /> I just mounted a new Motor Guide 54 lb thrust with 50" shaft and breakaway mount on my new Lund boat. I thought everything about position was good and when done found out the motor head just grazes the bow light which is screwed down in the bow. I can lift it over and use it but I really have to be careful. If I move it (which I assume I'll have to do), is there anyway to cover up the holes? The plywood deck seems to be about 1 1/2" thick in that area. Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thank you, Wally

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Help? Messed up mounting Motor Guide on bow!

If you just raised it a little would it clear?

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice

Lubedude,<br /> YES, I just need about 1 - 1 1/2" more!!!<br /> Wally

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just move it, Wally. <br /><br />Drill the holes out a bit if necessary, then plug them with wooden dowels and epoxy.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by JB:<br />Just move it, Wally. <br /><br />Drill the holes out a bit if necessary, then plug them with wooden dowels and epoxy.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

richg99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can you replace the bow light with something a little thinner or lower?? RichG

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice

I can't replace the light as it low and small already. I kick my butt that I did'nt move it more starboard of the point of the bow. I'll just move it even though I have to redrill four more holes and replug the old ones. The motor has only been on the boat two weeks!! The whole rig and accessories are brand new. Thanks to all who replied. Wally

richg99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can you RAISE the mounting base of the TM with a board?? RichG

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice

Richg99,<br /> Yes I could but I fear that before the TM drops over the side it hit the top of light, in the this case from an increased height level. I should have left more out in front. I just trying to correct this if possible without drilling more holes in my new boat! Oh well..........Wally